Sailing With Sora

Terry and Karen circumnavigating the globe currently in Phuket, Thailand. Will remain in the area for a refit and some road trips around Asia for a year or so.

09 December 2010
02 March 2009 | Phuket
02 March 2009 | `Phuket
23 February 2009 | Andaman Sea
19 February 2009 | Bangkok
06 February 2009 | Thailand
24 December 2008 | Langkawi, Malaysia
09 December 2008 | Penang
06 December 2008 | Penang
02 December 2008 | Penang
29 November 2008 | Kuhla Lumpur
25 November 2008 | The Straits of Melaka
15 November 2008 | Johor Bahru
02 November 2008 | Singapore
17 October 2008 | Kumai
10 October 2008 | Borneo (Kalimantan)
09 October 2008 | Borneo
03 October 2008 | Kangean
28 September 2008 | Return to Lovina
28 September 2008 | Cruise to Lombok

We?re so outta here

30 August 2008
Cass
Gory, huh? My buddy Ian on Afriki that I sailed with from Bora Bora to Western Samoa just happened into our anchorage last week. And then he did this to his thumb. Well actually, we suggested that he drill a hole in his nail to relieve the pressure. He's the one who put it in the path of a vicious slamming hatch. Whatta maroon! The process actually worked, by the way. So if you have a digit slammed in something unforgiving, I'd highly recommend the drill bit method for relief. And get someone to take pictures. Documentation is crucial.

We finally received my emergency issue passport on Monday. Wednesday afternoon was the Indonesian visa and check out was on Friday. We all know that you can't sail on the f-day, so we set off this morning. As always, it's great to be back on the water. The winds are light and variable, which is a change from the 25-35kn that we rode in on so were motor sailing. And that's okay.

We are sailing straight for Bali a thousand miles away with a possible pit stop in Ashmore reef. This is mom's first leg back on Sora and the last for both Simon and me. He's finally going somewhere that he can use his surfboard and I reckon he plans to and I'm heading out on my own. Time to get busy earning my own boat! My parents are planning on meeting up with some friends from the Indonesian rally and possibly backtracking to Komodo Island to chase dragons. Seriously. They use chickens as bait.

Cheers to a new journey, Cass
Comments
Vessel Name: Sora
Vessel Make/Model: Tayana 55' Ketch
Hailing Port: Pensacola Beach, FL
Crew: Terry & Karen Kreitzberg
About: Terry Kreitzberg is retired and he and his wife are in the process of a circumnavigation. Not in any hurry, will sail till the wheels come off.

Who are we, and just what do we think we're doing?

Who: Terry & Karen Kreitzberg
Port: Pensacola Beach, FL