Sailing With Sora

Terry and Karen circumnavigating the globe currently in Phuket, Thailand. Will remain in the area for a refit and some road trips around Asia for a year or so.

09 December 2010
02 March 2009 | Phuket
02 March 2009 | `Phuket
23 February 2009 | Andaman Sea
19 February 2009 | Bangkok
06 February 2009 | Thailand
24 December 2008 | Langkawi, Malaysia
09 December 2008 | Penang
06 December 2008 | Penang
02 December 2008 | Penang
29 November 2008 | Kuhla Lumpur
25 November 2008 | The Straits of Melaka
15 November 2008 | Johor Bahru
02 November 2008 | Singapore
17 October 2008 | Kumai
10 October 2008 | Borneo (Kalimantan)
09 October 2008 | Borneo
03 October 2008 | Kangean
28 September 2008 | Return to Lovina
28 September 2008 | Cruise to Lombok

There you are!

02 September 2008
Cassie
We found the wind! I woke up this morning to the sound of the engine turning OFF. It was glorious. We threw the chute up with a swiftness commonly seen at the DMV or perhaps in a tree full of sloths. It actually took us about 15 minutes. It's been a months since we've flown it and Simon, Dad, and I were all a bit fuzzy on the routine-but at least we didn't raise it upside down like they do on Rockabye. At any rate, the spinnaker is flying happy and pulling us along at over 8kn. We've decided to pass on Ashmore reef and are making a bee line for Bali. There were fifteen different types of water snakes known to slither around the National Reserve and mom couldn't have been less keen. It was also at least 20 miles out of our way.

We've hooked two barracudas and are hoping for something of the edible category this afternoon. We've seen more traffic in the past two evenings. We went through a plethora of oil rigs a couple of nights ago and have been sighting container ships and cool Indo sailboats. The nights have been clear and everyone has been bathing in meteor showers during their watches except me. Perhaps I have the "intermission" watch. That's ok, though. I am just as thrilled to space out on the phosphorescence. At 1:30am the bright green underwater show is well underway with random twinkles in every direction. When we excite the surface with our hull the little buggers get really agitated causing much visual agreement.

A couple more days of this and we'll be on surfable shores and eating spicy vegetarian Indonesian delights for like 2$ and drinking beers for even less. Hooray!

Cheers to chute practice, Cass

Tom Williams.what do you mean by abbreviating to the 9th degree?
Comments
Vessel Name: Sora
Vessel Make/Model: Tayana 55' Ketch
Hailing Port: Pensacola Beach, FL
Crew: Terry & Karen Kreitzberg
About: Terry Kreitzberg is retired and he and his wife are in the process of a circumnavigation. Not in any hurry, will sail till the wheels come off.

Who are we, and just what do we think we're doing?

Who: Terry & Karen Kreitzberg
Port: Pensacola Beach, FL