Adventures aboard Soul Purpose

03 April 2013 | Mouchoir Bank (Atlantic Ocean) and South Caicos, Turks & Caicos Islands
28 March 2013 | Sapodilla Bay, Providenciales, Turks & Caicos Islands
27 March 2013 | Georgetown, Great Exuma
03 March 2013 | Rudder Cut Cay, Exumas
22 February 2013 | Allans Cay to Staniel Cay, Exumas
15 February 2013 | Paradise Island - Atlantis Resort
14 February 2013 | Nassau, Bahamas
06 February 2013 | Governor's Harbour, Eleuthera
02 February 2013 | Pineapple Cays, Eleuthera
19 January 2013 | Great Harbour Cay, Berry Islands, Bahamas
08 November 2012
29 May 2012 | Dickies Cay to John Cash Point (near Marsh Harbor)
28 May 2012 | Fisher’s Bay to Cistern to Man-O-War Cay / Dickies Cay (back and forth across the Sea of Abaco)
27 May 2012 | Green Turtle Cay to Fishers Bay, Great Guana Cay
23 May 2012 | Crab Cay to Bluff House Marina, Green Turtle Cay
22 May 2012 | Crab Cay, Little Abaco Island to Crab Cay off Manjack Cay
21 May 2012 | Great Sale Cay to Green Turtle Cay, umm, nope, how about Crab Cay on Little Abaco Island instead?
19 May 2012 | Lake Worth, FL to West End (Settlement Point), Grand Bahama Island
18 May 2012 | Stuart, FL to Lake Worth (West Palm Beach), FL

Days 6-9: A new home on Green Turtle…but first a Waffle party!

23 May 2012 | Crab Cay to Bluff House Marina, Green Turtle Cay
Rain, Rain Go Away...
After a solid night of drinking, Rach and I hosted a waffle party onboard Soul Purpose. It was the least we could do for our cruising buddies who already had us over a handful of times to eat and drink! We busted out the waffle maker and Rach prepared some blueberry chocolate chip waffles with butter and whipped cream. Roughing it here in the islands. Actually, Rach forgot eggs in the first batch which didn't seem to make much difference. The six of us hung out for a bit, tried out a second batch that had eggs and the crew of the Luna Sea prepared to depart. Luna Sea headed out for the Bluff House Marina at Green Turtle Cay. The anchorage at Manjack was nice and we considered staying another night, but Steve hailed us on the VHF and told us that there was a catamaran slip right next to them and that some bad weather was headed out way. We pulled up anchor, headed to the slip at the Bluff House and spoiled ourselves with shore power that ran our air conditioner non-stop! Great deal at the Bluff house, drink your dock fees away! Whatever you spend at the restaurant / bar is free until you reach your dock fees (e.g. $70 / night in dockage means first $70 in cocktails is free)! We planned to stay at the slip for a night but 2 - 3 days of strong winds and scattered T-storms kept us tied up. The rain was horrendous at times, of course the times we had to adjust our lines, so we quickly learned to forget about wearing clothes outside and just get drenched in our bathing suites. We also learned the value of an air conditioner...it really helps a boat dry out when there is no place to hang wet towels and clothes but inside. The poor weather gave everyone some downtime and gave us a chance to get some work out of the way. As the weather cleared, we finally got to do some extended island exploring. Postcard beaches like Ocean Beach without a sole in sight, hopped up golf carts ripping down dirt roads, and dinner / drinks by the pool with live bands became our daily existence...not so bad. Luna Sea pushed off in the morning and again Rach and I were late to rise, big surprise. We had a quick chance to wave goodbye, but we will see Bonnie and Steve soon when we hook up with them to do some racing in the Port Saint Lucie / Stuart FL area (no Steve and I will not be racing our cruising catamarans. Steve has another boat that has a little more "lean" to it without all the heavy amenities...perfect for racing)! We'll miss them in the coming days, especially Steve's humor, their dynamic as a couple and overall kindness to others. Until next time, we wish you both clear horizons and the wind at your back!
Comments
Vessel Name: Soul Purpose
Vessel Make/Model: Fountaine Pajot Lavezzi 40
Hailing Port: Portsmouth, RI
Crew: Derek & Rachel
About:
Soul Purpose is a Fountaine Pajot Lavezzi 40 catamaran. She is 40' in length with a 21'6" beam and was manufactured in France. [...]
Soul Purpose's Photos - Main
1 Photo | 9 Sub-Albums
Created 2 February 2013
The first of our adventures aboard Soul Purpose
3 Sub-Albums
Created 8 November 2012
25 days in the Abacos (our first trip outside of US waters) May-June 2012
1 Photo | 4 Sub-Albums
Created 8 November 2012
Our Loggerhead Family Photos - Summer 2012
30 Photos
Created 8 November 2012

Home on the Ocean

Who: Derek & Rachel
Port: Portsmouth, RI

Our Trip & Current Location

View Tracking


2013 Copyright. D&R Ottaviano
2013 Copyright. D&R Ottaviano