Adventures aboard Soul Purpose

03 April 2013 | Mouchoir Bank (Atlantic Ocean) and South Caicos, Turks & Caicos Islands
28 March 2013 | Sapodilla Bay, Providenciales, Turks & Caicos Islands
27 March 2013 | Georgetown, Great Exuma
03 March 2013 | Rudder Cut Cay, Exumas
22 February 2013 | Allans Cay to Staniel Cay, Exumas
15 February 2013 | Paradise Island - Atlantis Resort
14 February 2013 | Nassau, Bahamas
06 February 2013 | Governor's Harbour, Eleuthera
02 February 2013 | Pineapple Cays, Eleuthera
19 January 2013 | Great Harbour Cay, Berry Islands, Bahamas
08 November 2012
29 May 2012 | Dickies Cay to John Cash Point (near Marsh Harbor)
28 May 2012 | Fisher’s Bay to Cistern to Man-O-War Cay / Dickies Cay (back and forth across the Sea of Abaco)
27 May 2012 | Green Turtle Cay to Fishers Bay, Great Guana Cay
23 May 2012 | Crab Cay to Bluff House Marina, Green Turtle Cay
22 May 2012 | Crab Cay, Little Abaco Island to Crab Cay off Manjack Cay
21 May 2012 | Great Sale Cay to Green Turtle Cay, umm, nope, how about Crab Cay on Little Abaco Island instead?
19 May 2012 | Lake Worth, FL to West End (Settlement Point), Grand Bahama Island
18 May 2012 | Stuart, FL to Lake Worth (West Palm Beach), FL

Day 30: Ah yes...Atlantis

15 February 2013 | Paradise Island - Atlantis Resort
91 degrees, clear and sunny!
Even the most pure of the Spartan cruisers cannot help but enjoy a day at Atlantis. Some of us, enjoy it too much as the following story reveals. For those who have not ventured to Atlantis, take our word, they pretty much thought of everything. They combined a massive first class hotel, with a Casino, bars, clubs, restaurants, waterpark, public beaches, private beaches, endless pools, duty free shopping, boat charters, jetski rentals, anything you can think of entertainment and of course the Atlantis Marina. Completely unlike the surrounding area Atlantis sticks out like a mirage among the not so attractive or desirable, Nassau. We set out around midday to tackle whatever Atlantis had to offer. The temperature was 91, the sky was clear the beer was flowing, so we headed to the water park!

Atlantis

Somewhere between exploring the mayan ruins, checking out the underwater life, sliding down a 100 foot drop through a shark tank, floating down the rapids that encircle the park, lounging on a bed next to a pool that had a DJ spinning beats...we managed to put down our fair share of cool refreshing beer, you know to stay hydrated. Well, something about the beer and having every amenity (food) at your fingertips, pushed Derek into a drunken feeding frenzy. After 6 weeks or so of healthy eating and exercise, as Derek describes it, late night eating is either in your blood or its not... We started with an innocent chicken tenders and fries. Then as we were traveling back through the hotel we found a restaurant that had walls like an aquarium with huge fish and subsequently excellent wings and ribs. Unfortunately after a few more beers with our dinner we didn't make it another 10 minutes before D spotted a crowded take out gourmet pizza place...and so came the 3rd meal...four pieces of pizza. Over the top, yes, but hey, how often does one have a day, like this? The night ended with a bit of comedy. A nice couple that lives in Nassau that we had met a couple days before heard we were in the Marina and came by to visit on their way to get some ice cream in Atlantis. Of course when they came by they didn't realize what state we would be in. D left the boat about 20 minutes into the conversation to, let's just say, lighten the load in his stomach. Sorry Atlantis, I think D hopped over one of your private fence areas and may have fed the plants some nutrients... Aside from that brief moment it was a great day to remember. No worries, no intelligent thoughts, just plain old fun and enjoyment together in a place that will be far different from just about anything that lies ahead on our journey south.
Cove Beach
Comments
Vessel Name: Soul Purpose
Vessel Make/Model: Fountaine Pajot Lavezzi 40
Hailing Port: Portsmouth, RI
Crew: Derek & Rachel
About:
Soul Purpose is a Fountaine Pajot Lavezzi 40 catamaran. She is 40' in length with a 21'6" beam and was manufactured in France. [...]
Soul Purpose's Photos - Main
1 Photo | 9 Sub-Albums
Created 2 February 2013
The first of our adventures aboard Soul Purpose
3 Sub-Albums
Created 8 November 2012
25 days in the Abacos (our first trip outside of US waters) May-June 2012
1 Photo | 4 Sub-Albums
Created 8 November 2012
Our Loggerhead Family Photos - Summer 2012
30 Photos
Created 8 November 2012

Home on the Ocean

Who: Derek & Rachel
Port: Portsmouth, RI

Our Trip & Current Location

View Tracking


2013 Copyright. D&R Ottaviano
2013 Copyright. D&R Ottaviano