Splash 001

Vessel Name: Splash
Vessel Make/Model: Mirage 39
Hailing Port: Royal Hamilton Yacht Club
Crew: Jim Lamontagne, Cindy Brown
06 May 2016 | Ocean Cabin - Little Farmer's Cay - Exumas
23 April 2016
01 April 2016 | Rodney Bay St. Lucia
23 February 2016 | Maria's coffee shop - Bequai
13 February 2016 | Rodney Bay = St Lucia
29 January 2016
21 January 2016
03 January 2016 | Picture is Maho Bay in St. Thomas - Splash is in the background!
22 December 2015 | John and Michelle at Foxy's Grand Harbour Jost Van Dyke
11 December 2015
01 December 2015
20 November 2015
16 November 2015
09 November 2015
Recent Blog Posts
31 May 2016

Our Live Aboard Days have ended..... for now.

Little Farmer’s Cay in the Exummas became our home for 7 more days as we waited for a motor part to be delivered. In the meantime; we explored the cave on the adjacent island, attended a Baptist church service and discovered Ty’s Sunset Beach Bar on the west side of the island. The church service [...]

06 May 2016 | Ocean Cabin - Little Farmer's Cay - Exumas

In the Bahamas

What a difference another passage makes! Those who remember the details of our first 9 day passage from Beaufort NC to the Dominican Republic in October will recall it was a challenge! Our passage from San Juan, Puerto Rico to Georgetown, Exumas Bahamas was textbook easy!! Colin joined us and we left [...]

23 April 2016

St. Lucia - San Juan

It has been a whirlwind three weeks since my last post.

01 April 2016 | Rodney Bay St. Lucia

Waiting in St. Lucia

Still waiting on weather

16 March 2016

Marigot Bay - St. Lucia

I haven’t commented enough about the sailing, winds, weather and other sailors we have met. Jim and I left North America believing the trade winds would blow from the northish, allowing us a lovely beam to broad reach sail down the Carribean Island chain. Our guests of the past year will concur that [...]

06 March 2016

St. Vincent and the Grenadines

What a wonderful week we have had with my sister Jane exploring St. Vincent and the Genadines. Jane is one of the most positive, helpful, energetic and fun loving people I know! And we “did it all”! We sailed from Blue Lagoon in St. Vincent to Union Island in the Genedines and back. Leaving St. Vincent, we sailed south, 9 NM to Bequai where we anchored at Elizabeth Beach. The next day, we had a champagne sail of 20 NM to Canouan, Charleston Bay – a beautiful calm anchorage. Augusta, a local fisherman who approached SPLASH sold us 2 fresh lobsters caught that morning! We hiked into the town to meet Ezra, 29 year old free spirit with a TIKI bar at the beach. He sang us his song, joined us for a beer and hugged us goodbye repeating his mantra of “one love”. Walking back, we stopped at a school sports field to watch part of a local cricket game. That evening we had our b-b-qued lobsters – delicious! On Monday we sailed south to Mayreau Island where we caught a mooring ball in Salt Whistle Bay. Very crowded little harbour, but with a fantastic protected beach. On the west side of the beach; kite surfers were enjoying the rough surf of the ocean. A walk into “town” was straight up then down the other side where we passed a beautiful Catholic Church with incredible ocean view, several tiny shops, bars and mini grocery stores and lots of poor housing. Tuesday we motored the 4 NM to moore in the Tobago Cays. Wow! The ocean, views, colour of the water are JUST like the pictures. We drank in all of the sights, snorkelled with the turtles, hiked a couple of steep hills (with the Iguanas) and enjoyed the evening aboard SPLASH counting the sea turtles who would lazily swim by. Wednesday we sailed south to Union Island and Happy Island. In the morning we wandered the little town, provisioned, had crab sandwiches for lunch (in order to use the wifi) then set off for Happy Island around 3:00. Happy Island is a man-made island made of conch shells and coral by Janti. The lone building on this tower of sea deposits is his home and his bar. Daily, he entertains yachtie visitors with his music, his story and the best rum punch drinks we have found yet! The afternoon turned into evening as we met sailors from South Africa and Brazil. A visit on Fabio’s boat with wine, cheesecake and guitar playing concluded a perfect day. Thursday, we made the turn north and sailed 30 NM back to Bequai where we anchored for two nights. As returning yachties to towns, Jim and I now know some of the local vendors for fruits, vegetables, bread and fish. Jane and Jim saw an octopus while snorkling and the highlight of Bequai was that all three of us watched a perfect sunset AND saw the green flash. Absolutely amazing! Back to St.Vincent and Blue Lagoon on Saturday where we enjoyed fresh showers, their beautiful pool and treated ourselves to a lovely dinner at the restaurant. Jane is on her way home to Collingwood right now, and I know she has great memories of her time in the Grenadines. Jim and I found the people and the geography of St. Vincent and the Grenadines to be generous and beautiful. SPLASH is happy to be on a Starboard tack now, heading north. Our next stop tomorrow is St. Lucia.

At pickles in paradise, StJohn, coral bay

27 November 2015
We had a lovely US Thanksgiving dinner aboard Innishnee in Leinster Bay St. John last night. Thank you Kathy and Jim. Leinster Bay boasts great snorkling, and protected bay. Jim and I ventured on a hike up over the mountain from Leinster to Coral Bay. Swarmed by white butterflies, cactuses growing like chandeliers, beautiful vistas.... We arrived in the hamlet of Coral Bay to enjoy an early beer. Jim remembered his phone, I did not. Note to self..... Even traipsing through cacti forests and butterfly havens.... Always bring technology cause you never know where wifi might be!! Heading to BVI and Cane Garden Bay tomorrow.
Comments
Splash's Photos - Main
3 Photos
Created 11 December 2015
Ocracoke, New Bern, Oriental, Beaufort
No Photos
Created 23 October 2015
No Photos
Created 5 October 2015
1 Photo
Created 5 October 2015
No Photos
Created 2 October 2015

About & Links