Splice

Catamaran cruising

Who: Carolyn & Chris Gebbie
24 July 2022
12 October 2021 | Kilada
01 October 2021
20 September 2021 | Poros
20 September 2021 | Vathi
20 September 2021 | Poros
20 September 2021 | Kilada
20 September 2021 | Ermioni
29 August 2021
29 August 2021
29 August 2021
29 August 2021
29 August 2021
15 August 2021 | Paroikia
15 August 2021 | Finikas
04 August 2021 | Dhokos and Kithnos
04 August 2021 | Tyros
25 July 2021 | Kilada

Spain Summer 2014 - Ria de Pontevedra

26 January 2015
Chris
We moved on to Ria de Pontevedra, there's no need to go back into the Atlantic here, cutting inside Ilsa Ons is fine if you watch out for the normal fleet of fishing pots. We moored at Combarro along the outside pontoon with help from a friendly French boat 'L'Infernal', a live-aboard couple cruising the area. Facilities at Combarro Marina are very good with clean modern showers,and wifi. There is a cafe on site and good access to the town. It was also the most reasonably priced marina we found in Spain at E28 pn which was surprising given the touristy nature of the rest of the town. Combarro is famous for its 'Horreos' old grain stores on short stone stilts that sit next to the houses. They are interesting but we felt this was one of the few places where tourism had taken over from the local way of life. It was very crowded, t-shirts and knick-knacks for sale everywhere and the quality of the meals we had was poor compared to elsewhere. Our tapas meal that night cost E31.75, which was reasonable including wine, but the pork dish was pretty inedible and the rest was very average. There is a small supermarket at the top of the main street and a good bar opposite the marina. In rainy weather we had a coffee in the cafe on the marina site and this was very good. When you buy a coffee in Spain you not only get what is usually a good quality drink, it is normally accompanied by something small to eat, cake, biscuit, patatas (potato cake) etc. Here it was a chunk of Madeira like cake and a small glass of orange juice - all for E2.60 for two people. For Brits used to £5 for 2 coffees this was a great aspect of the Spanish way of life!
We walked through the tourist area and along the road round the bay, every time the tide goes out the local throng onto the beach to dig for shellfish, the walk on the road was not much fun but with the tide out we made our way back along the beach and this was better and good exercise.
Comments
Vessel Name: Splice
Vessel Make/Model: Broadblue 435 Catamaran
Crew: Carolyn & Chris Gebbie
About:
We have been married for over 25 years and have two grown up sons. Carolyn has dual English/French nationality and speaks French well. [...]
Extra: Contact us at splice435(the at sign)gmail.com

Who: Carolyn & Chris Gebbie