Splice

Catamaran cruising

Who: Carolyn & Chris Gebbie
24 July 2022
12 October 2021 | Kilada
01 October 2021
20 September 2021 | Poros
20 September 2021 | Vathi
20 September 2021 | Poros
20 September 2021 | Kilada
20 September 2021 | Ermioni
29 August 2021
29 August 2021
29 August 2021
29 August 2021
29 August 2021
15 August 2021 | Paroikia
15 August 2021 | Finikas
04 August 2021 | Dhokos and Kithnos
04 August 2021 | Tyros
25 July 2021 | Kilada

Lift out

18 July 2015 | Portimao
Chris
We had a relaxed last few days in Portimao, anchored in the bay and enjoying the weather and the chance to meet and chat with other cruisers. We were invited aboard 'Aqua Vite' an Edel Trimaran for drinks with Sephanie, Wolf and Claus. Claus also spent a few hours the next day trying to help Chris sort the water-maker - still without much success. John and Claire from Sanuye came aboard briefly in passing one afternoon and left a few hours and beers later. That then turned into a return match aboard Sanuye that evening with Liz and Dave joining us as well. Their boat has a Norwegian name that we can't remember!

The next morning we motored to the hoist only to find they were behind schedule and we had to drift around the harbour for 90 minutes before our turn came round. The team were very professional, a diver helped to ensure the straps were properly placed and wouldn't damage our props, sensors etc. The lift went well though its always a bit strange to be flying 15 metres above the ground on your boat! The huge travel lift trundled around the yard and placed us next to another cat 'Pelican' that I think is a 'Prout', one of the ancestors of the BroadBlue.

We slept on board that night and caught the flight back to the UK the following day, arriving at home about 2.30 the following morning.

We will be flying back out to Splice on 12th August to continue towards the Med. The blog will recommence then!!

The shot shows Carolyn in front of the Travel Lift with Splice in the slings
Comments
Vessel Name: Splice
Vessel Make/Model: Broadblue 435 Catamaran
Crew: Carolyn & Chris Gebbie
About:
We have been married for over 25 years and have two grown up sons. Carolyn has dual English/French nationality and speaks French well. [...]
Extra: Contact us at splice435(the at sign)gmail.com

Who: Carolyn & Chris Gebbie