Splice

Catamaran cruising

Who: Carolyn & Chris Gebbie
24 July 2022
12 October 2021 | Kilada
01 October 2021
20 September 2021 | Poros
20 September 2021 | Vathi
20 September 2021 | Poros
20 September 2021 | Kilada
20 September 2021 | Ermioni
29 August 2021
29 August 2021
29 August 2021
29 August 2021
29 August 2021
15 August 2021 | Paroikia
15 August 2021 | Finikas
04 August 2021 | Dhokos and Kithnos
04 August 2021 | Tyros
25 July 2021 | Kilada

Denia – Water-maker and Dinghies

14 April 2016 | Denia
C&C
That evening (Tuesday) we had a wander around the town looking at the various chandlerys to see if there were any dinghies in stock….. none suitable. Our neighboring skipper offered to contact a friend who sells inflatables but he didn’t have anything in stock. We cooked Spaghetti Bolognese on board.
The next morning Martin from the water-maker company ‘ Dessalator’ turned up as agreed. Very knowledgeable and helpful, he soon fixed the issues with the pressure control knob and diagnosed dirt blocking key valves and a broken bearing. Another visit later in the day and we can produce water again after months of hassle. Martin was also kind enough to take us in his car to Denia Marina where the chandlery is a dealer for Highfield dinghies, an aluminum hulled RIB from an Australian company with a 5 year guarantee and the fittings we wanted. Carlos from ‘Nautca Nouhad’ was very helpful and by Thursday morning we had agreed on a 3.1m Highfield RIB which could be delivered within a few days. He gave us a reasonable discount and took the old dinghy for a minimal part-exchange (but we wanted rid of it anyway) If the new one turns up by Monday we will be ready to sail on.
We managed to get some of the key maintenance tasks done yesterday, the new belt is on the port engine and Chris found and tightened a leaking joint near the gas bottle amongst other small tasks. Last night we went walking around the town which was well populated for early season. We had a glass of wine and tapas in one bar in the old town and then walked back to a Pizza place nearer the boat where we shared a pizza and a good green salad…… and some more wine!
Today is tidy up and washing day, Chris will also have to go in search of a refill for the gas bottle as we are now using the spare.
Now we wait for the new arrival!
Photo: one of the headlands we passed on the way to Denia…….we call it Bull Head…… can you see why?
(start at far right and think haunches!)


Comments
Vessel Name: Splice
Vessel Make/Model: Broadblue 435 Catamaran
Crew: Carolyn & Chris Gebbie
About:
We have been married for over 25 years and have two grown up sons. Carolyn has dual English/French nationality and speaks French well. [...]
Extra: Contact us at splice435(the at sign)gmail.com

Who: Carolyn & Chris Gebbie