Splice

Catamaran cruising

Who: Carolyn & Chris Gebbie
24 July 2022
12 October 2021 | Kilada
01 October 2021
20 September 2021 | Poros
20 September 2021 | Vathi
20 September 2021 | Poros
20 September 2021 | Kilada
20 September 2021 | Ermioni
29 August 2021
29 August 2021
29 August 2021
29 August 2021
29 August 2021
15 August 2021 | Paroikia
15 August 2021 | Finikas
04 August 2021 | Dhokos and Kithnos
04 August 2021 | Tyros
25 July 2021 | Kilada

Palma Nova/Les Illettas

08 June 2016 | Les Illetas
C&C
We set off from Porto Petro intending to head for Portal Vells which we had enjoyed visiting before. Unfortunately the wind headed us and the swell increased and this course would have meant a further period bashing into the waves across Palma Bay, so we diverted to Palma Nova. Not a great place but a big anchorage and a course off the direct line of the wind and waves so a more comfortable ride. It sufficed for a night but we upped anchor by 10.00 hrs the next day and moved on further east along the coast to Les Illetas. This is a small group of large rocks or tiny islands that form three anchorages against the shore of Palma Bay. We initially took a spot in the largest most southerly cove even though the swell was coming directly into it as the forecast said this would drop off later that afternoon. It’s a lovely bay and the holding was good but the forecast got it wrong and the wind and swell continued. We upped anchor again and moved around to the smaller northerly cove opposite a very nice beach and had a comfortable night there in the company of an older French catamaran. A spot we would return to again in the right weather conditions.
From here it was only a 20 minute motor to get us into Real Club Nautico de Palma, we think the oldest Yacht Club on the island. We had booked a berth here a month or so ago and were looking forward to visiting.
Photo: Our overnight anchorage at Les Illetas
Comments
Vessel Name: Splice
Vessel Make/Model: Broadblue 435 Catamaran
Crew: Carolyn & Chris Gebbie
About:
We have been married for over 25 years and have two grown up sons. Carolyn has dual English/French nationality and speaks French well. [...]
Extra: Contact us at splice435(the at sign)gmail.com

Who: Carolyn & Chris Gebbie