Splice

Catamaran cruising

Who: Carolyn & Chris Gebbie
24 July 2022
12 October 2021 | Kilada
01 October 2021
20 September 2021 | Poros
20 September 2021 | Vathi
20 September 2021 | Poros
20 September 2021 | Kilada
20 September 2021 | Ermioni
29 August 2021
29 August 2021
29 August 2021
29 August 2021
29 August 2021
15 August 2021 | Paroikia
15 August 2021 | Finikas
04 August 2021 | Dhokos and Kithnos
04 August 2021 | Tyros
25 July 2021 | Kilada

Santa Teresa di Gallura 2

24 September 2016 | Santa Teresa di Gallura
C&C
On the Saturday morning we all walked up the hill to the town and we dropped Steve and Kath at the Bus Station to catch transport to Olbia Airport for their flight home. We’d had a great time together cruising around the Islands in the north of Sardinia and we think they got a good feel for the lifestyle of a cruising sailor (enough things broke for it to be realistic!). We then wandered into the town square and had coffee and pretty poor croissants in a café there. The waiter was so laid back that in the end we went inside to pay as he couldn’t make the effort to remember the bill we had asked for on a few occasions. It’s a pleasant enough town other that this café and there’s a short walk out to the tower on the headland with a few bits of local history explained in the presentation inside. The view from the tower is worth the trip. We planned to engage in the advertised music event in the marina on the Saturday night – they’d been building the stage and stalls for a few days- but the heavens opened about 17.00 with the most torrential downpour and we couldn’t see beyond the end of the boat. It continued for a few hours by which time we had given up.
On the Sunday Carolyn got chatting to three Irish guys on ‘Jubilant’ the boat opposite us and Kevin, Pat and Pat came on board that evening for a few beers before they headed into town to celebrate Kevin’s birthday. They were a bit quieter the next morning as we left the harbour!
Photo: The entrance to Santa Teresa harbor from the clifftop
Comments
Vessel Name: Splice
Vessel Make/Model: Broadblue 435 Catamaran
Crew: Carolyn & Chris Gebbie
About:
We have been married for over 25 years and have two grown up sons. Carolyn has dual English/French nationality and speaks French well. [...]
Extra: Contact us at splice435(the at sign)gmail.com

Who: Carolyn & Chris Gebbie