Splice

Catamaran cruising

Who: Carolyn & Chris Gebbie
24 July 2022
12 October 2021 | Kilada
01 October 2021
20 September 2021 | Poros
20 September 2021 | Vathi
20 September 2021 | Poros
20 September 2021 | Kilada
20 September 2021 | Ermioni
29 August 2021
29 August 2021
29 August 2021
29 August 2021
29 August 2021
15 August 2021 | Paroikia
15 August 2021 | Finikas
04 August 2021 | Dhokos and Kithnos
04 August 2021 | Tyros
25 July 2021 | Kilada

Zelenika and Porto Montenegro – Montenegro

15 August 2017 | Porto Montenegro
C&C
The trip down the coast is only about 25 miles to enter Montenegro, swapping the courtesy flags as we rounded the point that defines the border. We went first to Zelenika to check in. A small town just opposite the entrance to the Gulf of Kotor it has another quay meant for really big ships, large black rubber fenders made marks down the side of Splice but we were checked in with efficiency and courtesy here. Harbour Master first then the Police. It cost about E150 for a months sailing permit and the admin tax.



The new Montenegrin courtesy flag is raised

You enter the Gulf of Kotor from the sea into one of two main areas of water joined by a narrower passage. We turned to starboard towards the major marina in the Gulf at ‘Porto Montenegro’. We stopped for a few hours to swim and relax off the islands in the south of the area before motoring the mile or so back to the marina. This is a huge place, built supposedly with Russian money and really targeting the super-yachts again. They were very helpful and efficient from the directions to the berth, mooring and the electric buggy’s that drive guests around (avoiding the very long walks along concrete quays) and the check in process. Having said that we didn’t like the place much, far too big and all ‘high fashion boutiques’ rather than a supermarket or other sensible stores. Not cheap at E125 a night but at least this included power than worked!



Many of the other boats in Porto Montenegro were bigger than us!

As we walked around we saw that Cattiva were moored on another pontoon so wandered over and invited them for a drink later on. Grant and Lesley joined the four of us about 18.30 and, as often happens with cruiser meets, the conversation clicked and we were still there chatting at 21.00 without having had a meal. Plans to eat out were abandoned and we whipped up a quick pasta dish with sardines, pine-nuts, fennel, raisins and spaghetti.

Main Photo: Entering the Gulf of Kotor 0755

Comments
Vessel Name: Splice
Vessel Make/Model: Broadblue 435 Catamaran
Crew: Carolyn & Chris Gebbie
About:
We have been married for over 25 years and have two grown up sons. Carolyn has dual English/French nationality and speaks French well. [...]
Extra: Contact us at splice435(the at sign)gmail.com

Who: Carolyn & Chris Gebbie