Splice

Catamaran cruising

Who: Carolyn & Chris Gebbie
24 July 2022
12 October 2021 | Kilada
01 October 2021
20 September 2021 | Poros
20 September 2021 | Vathi
20 September 2021 | Poros
20 September 2021 | Kilada
20 September 2021 | Ermioni
29 August 2021
29 August 2021
29 August 2021
29 August 2021
29 August 2021
15 August 2021 | Paroikia
15 August 2021 | Finikas
04 August 2021 | Dhokos and Kithnos
04 August 2021 | Tyros
25 July 2021 | Kilada

Corfu Town, Ormos Garitsas anchorage

05 June 2018 | Corfu Town
Carolyn & Chris
With our son Mitch flying out to join us shortly, we decided to survey the pick-up point in Corfu town. Rather than try the small marinas we dropped the hook in the main anchorage south of the peninsula topped by the old castle. As long as you pick the spot carefully to drop on sand and not weed and the wind is not strong from other than north, this is a good stop.

We looked at both Mandraki (difficult access to town) and Naok (apparently not under management so no charge but a rather dodgy seabed to drop on, we saw one boat stuck overnight) marinas and concluded that we would repeat the anchoring approach when Mitch arrives on Wednesday. Taking the dinghy into the corner of Naok is easy and free.

We managed to buy our Greek SIM card after a marathon two and a half hours with Vodafone. On our first visit the ‘man who does settings’ wasn’t there (we’d already hung around for 2 hours) and on our return the next morning he activated a SIM, decided it wasn’t working, spent the next two hours trying to get a different pre-activated SIM to change its programming and then, reverted to the original which worked first time! It’s a good job we know not to leave until we can see webpage updates as he regularly assured us it was working OK. The queue behind us weren’t that impressed though!


The anchorage at Ormos Garitas from the town walls

We had a comfortable night only rocking when the ferries charged past out in the channel.

Main Photo: The Old Castle at Corfu Town
Comments
Vessel Name: Splice
Vessel Make/Model: Broadblue 435 Catamaran
Crew: Carolyn & Chris Gebbie
About:
We have been married for over 25 years and have two grown up sons. Carolyn has dual English/French nationality and speaks French well. [...]
Extra: Contact us at splice435(the at sign)gmail.com

Who: Carolyn & Chris Gebbie