Splice

Catamaran cruising

Who: Carolyn & Chris Gebbie
24 July 2022
12 October 2021 | Kilada
01 October 2021
20 September 2021 | Poros
20 September 2021 | Vathi
20 September 2021 | Poros
20 September 2021 | Kilada
20 September 2021 | Ermioni
29 August 2021
29 August 2021
29 August 2021
29 August 2021
29 August 2021
15 August 2021 | Paroikia
15 August 2021 | Finikas
04 August 2021 | Dhokos and Kithnos
04 August 2021 | Tyros
25 July 2021 | Kilada

Plataria

06 June 2018 | Plataria
C&C
With a few days to kill we motored across to the mainland town of Plantaria and moored stern to using our anchor against a very low quay which seems to have subsided. It was our first attempt at this manoeuvre this year and with a bit of wind on the side it wasn't perfect but with a bit of help from Billy from Sunsail boat 'Hector' we made a competent landing. The evening entertainment was around 40 Sailing Holidays flotilla boats returning at the end of their charters and being helped onto the quay, luckily not many near us. The mooring fees were high for Greece, we were charged E23 plus E5 for power (which we declined). Billy, Helen and Arthur, their son, joined us for drinks that evening and we later picked a random tavern to eat ...... fail.... that has to be the worst cheeseburger ever, even Chris didn't eat it, though maybe picking that dish was risking it. Carolyn's moussaka was edible so we shared that and the chips and Greek salad.
We had planned to stop another night, but the forecast the next morning showed an increase from 10 to 20 knots in the NW wind due later. This would be straight down the gulf and side on to all the moored boats and could easily be stronger in harbour due to the funnelling caused by the hills. The Skipper wasn't happy with that risk so we put to sea after breakfast, following Hector up the gulf for a bit of mutual boat photography.

Photo: Sunset through the charter boats
Comments
Vessel Name: Splice
Vessel Make/Model: Broadblue 435 Catamaran
Crew: Carolyn & Chris Gebbie
About:
We have been married for over 25 years and have two grown up sons. Carolyn has dual English/French nationality and speaks French well. [...]
Extra: Contact us at splice435(the at sign)gmail.com

Who: Carolyn & Chris Gebbie