Splice

Catamaran cruising

Who: Carolyn & Chris Gebbie
24 July 2022
12 October 2021 | Kilada
01 October 2021
20 September 2021 | Poros
20 September 2021 | Vathi
20 September 2021 | Poros
20 September 2021 | Kilada
20 September 2021 | Ermioni
29 August 2021
29 August 2021
29 August 2021
29 August 2021
29 August 2021
15 August 2021 | Paroikia
15 August 2021 | Finikas
04 August 2021 | Dhokos and Kithnos
04 August 2021 | Tyros
25 July 2021 | Kilada

Kiprissi

05 September 2020 | Kiprissi
C&C
Kiprissi is a broadly half circular bay set into the coast around 12 miles south of Tyros. This was our first visit as it has a reputation for swell, but as it looked pretty and the weather was good we decided to stop on our way south.

The first night we anchored off the beach near the quay in the north corner and had a quiet night once the beach goers had departed. The next day we took Fid into the village at the head of the bay, found a shop for a few supplies and had a coffee before we started back. Chris had noticed a space come free on the quay in Chapel Cove in the southern part of the bay so we motored past on our way back to Splice. We chatted to the British yacht moored there and it was a lovely spot so on our return we upped anchor and motored across, making our first stern-to mooring of the year between two other boats.


Splice moored at Chapel Cove quay

It's a perfect spot in good weather, a small quay with space for three boats, a tree lined bay and mountains in the distance. The water is clear and it's a 30 minute walk round a path to the village. We spent two days in company with Paul and Di and Charlie the dog on 'Andromache', before they moved on. We stayed for a further night swimming regularly off the boat to keep cool(er). We took the stroll around the cliff path to the village and found a small shop that sold fruit then had a coffee in a taverna on the quay. The walk back around 11.00hrs was much hotter but worth the effort.



Chapel Cove from the shore

The second day we were there was windless and very calm until around 22.00hrs when a swell started entering the main bay, bouncing off the cliffs opposite and coming bows-on to our quay. The boats all started dancing and we had to pull ourselves another couple of metres off the quay to avoid damage. This continued until about 02.00hrs the next morning when it ceased, there was no wind in this time so we can't work out what caused it. Luckily our last night there was nice and calm.


Kaprissi village from the anchorage

In the morning we dropped our lines from the quay and re-anchored just off the village so we could stock up from the small supermarket. 'Fid' was dropped, shopping done and anchor up again by 11.00 and we headed off south towards Gerakas. The wind had not woken up that day so it was motors all the way, arriving at around noon.

Main Photo: Our anchorage on the first night in Kiprissi

Comments
Vessel Name: Splice
Vessel Make/Model: Broadblue 435 Catamaran
Crew: Carolyn & Chris Gebbie
About:
We have been married for over 25 years and have two grown up sons. Carolyn has dual English/French nationality and speaks French well. [...]
Extra: Contact us at splice435(the at sign)gmail.com

Who: Carolyn & Chris Gebbie