Splice

Catamaran cruising

Who: Carolyn & Chris Gebbie
24 July 2022
12 October 2021 | Kilada
01 October 2021
20 September 2021 | Poros
20 September 2021 | Vathi
20 September 2021 | Poros
20 September 2021 | Kilada
20 September 2021 | Ermioni
29 August 2021
29 August 2021
29 August 2021
29 August 2021
29 August 2021
15 August 2021 | Paroikia
15 August 2021 | Finikas
04 August 2021 | Dhokos and Kithnos
04 August 2021 | Tyros
25 July 2021 | Kilada

Gerakas (Yerakas)

05 September 2020 | Gerakas
C&C
We visited Gerakas last season and managed to get a position on the small quayside in this tiny inlet. We were lucky again as space was free when we arrived and Splice secured side-to again as we expected some stronger winds later. We spent two nights here rather than the planned one as the weather forecast changed to southerlies on the second day making our intended anchorage too open and exposed, better to stay put.

We used the time where power and water were available (5 Euros each) to do the washing and top up the tanks. Fresh winds and 40 degree temperatures ensure everything was dry by the end of the day. We returned to the taverna we visited last year (second one along with beige sun-covers) the first night and again had a good value and tasty fish meal of red snapper with tomatoes and chips. The owner is very pleasant and at 35 Euros for two fish, wine, water, bread, fresh figs for desert and two metaxa, it was good value.

The second day was actually our 32nd Wedding Anniversary but with washing clothes and sheets and a very limited intake of alcohol due to a very early start the next day it was a quiet celebration compared to some in the past!!! We must be getting old! That evening we had a simple early meal at the other taverna, the first you come to from the quay. The owner has a bit of a reputation amongst sailors but he was ok and the chicken souvlaki was good. At less than 10 euros each including wine (we took the rest back together with the Admiral's left overs) this was a good deal as well.
Comments
Vessel Name: Splice
Vessel Make/Model: Broadblue 435 Catamaran
Crew: Carolyn & Chris Gebbie
About:
We have been married for over 25 years and have two grown up sons. Carolyn has dual English/French nationality and speaks French well. [...]
Extra: Contact us at splice435(the at sign)gmail.com

Who: Carolyn & Chris Gebbie