Splice

Catamaran cruising

Who: Carolyn & Chris Gebbie
24 July 2022
12 October 2021 | Kilada
01 October 2021
20 September 2021 | Poros
20 September 2021 | Vathi
20 September 2021 | Poros
20 September 2021 | Kilada
20 September 2021 | Ermioni
29 August 2021
29 August 2021
29 August 2021
29 August 2021
29 August 2021
15 August 2021 | Paroikia
15 August 2021 | Finikas
04 August 2021 | Dhokos and Kithnos
04 August 2021 | Tyros
25 July 2021 | Kilada

Porto Heli

29 August 2021
C&C
As it was an unplanned trip we headed for a place we know well at Porto Heli. On the way we checked out a couple of bays on the west side of Spetses, we've been trying to identify a bay that we visited with a training skipper many years ago. Neither bay looked likely to Chris but Carolyn still thinks one might have been the place......after 20+ years things have obviously changed from the deserted bay with a small taverna that we swam to from a basic 20ft sailboat!!

After an overnight in Porto Heli bay and some shopping the next morning we motored out of the channel looking for a nice bay to swim. Just to port as you leave is an area of small islands and rocks that provide reasonable shelter and with beach bars and hotels on the shore its a popular spot. We dropped a short chain on sand in about 4m of depth beteween another yacht, motorboats and small runabouts and spent the day swimming and relaxing (and writing this blog). It's a pleasant place, spoilt only by the idiots in fast boats who cut through the anchorage at 15 odd knots despite there being swimmers around - we kept near to Splice.

Our on deck anchor windlass switches are playing up, we have to drop the anchor from the helm now, so an order has been placed with SVB a German internet chandler - (We know there's no point in ordering from the UK - Carolyn's glasses have actually arrived at the Greek yard now after 7 weeks, most of that in Greek customs!!) So our next moves may depend on when we are notified of the delivery date to the boatyard.

Photo: The Admiral relaxes in our 'day anchorage'
Comments
Vessel Name: Splice
Vessel Make/Model: Broadblue 435 Catamaran
Crew: Carolyn & Chris Gebbie
About:
We have been married for over 25 years and have two grown up sons. Carolyn has dual English/French nationality and speaks French well. [...]
Extra: Contact us at splice435(the at sign)gmail.com

Who: Carolyn & Chris Gebbie