Steen Rally

Follow us on our sailing adventure from France to Australia

30 December 2015 | Sydney
29 July 2015 | Sydney
15 January 2015 | Sydney
22 December 2014 | Sydney
21 November 2014 | Cairns, Australia
02 November 2014 | Cairns, Australia
21 October 2014 | Port Vila, Vanuatu
01 October 2014 | Fiji
20 September 2014 | Fiji
08 September 2014 | Fiji
24 July 2014 | Neiafu, Tonga
06 July 2014 | Tahaa. French Polynesia
23 June 2014 | Moorea
23 June 2014 | Moorea
15 June 2014 | Papeete, Tahiti
14 May 2014 | Marquesas, French Polynesia

Need greenery? Try Dominica

07 March 2012 | St Marteen
Voahangy
Dominica, Jan 31-Feb 5, 2012

We are in Dominica (not to be confused with Dominican Republic further north), and the contrast with the FWI could not be greater: it is a poor country. In fact we nearly didn't stop there, having read bad reports from some cruising guide (it turns out the Street guide is very much out-dated and if you based your Caribbean cruising itinerary on information from this book you would miss out on some lovely places). But raving reviews from some fellow cruisers (thank god for sailing blogs, log books and newsletters!) convinced us to give it a shot and stop overnight on our way to Guadeloupe.
We're so glad we did: the scenery is magnificent, friendly people, courteous boat boys, so well organised, it must be our favourite island so far.

Deciding to bypass the capital Roseau, we anchored in Prince Rupert Bay off the northern town of Portsmouth.
After years security problems in the harbour and the ensuing bad press (including in the Street guide!) the local boat boys and some businesses have organised themselves into an association, Portsmouth Association of Yacht Safety (PAYS) which "regulates" the yacht services business around the anchorage. For us cruisers, it means none of the feeding frenzy we experienced in St Lucia, we did get approached but politely declined on the basis that we wanted to deal with Lawrence of Arabia( real name Lawrence Roberts, he was highly recommended by Bertrand) and that was that! They are a dozen boats or so, all working together, some having grown up together on the beach, one guy seems to be in charge of rubbish collection, another of fruits selling, the rest share the jobs of island touring, water taxi, and whatever else you may need!

A trip up the Indian River is a must do excursion when in Portsmouth. Lawrence took the kids and I, in what was reminiscent of our Amazonian adventures 4 years ago. Of particular interest to the children was the fact that this river is where the "voodoo' scene in Pirates of the Caribbean's Part 2was filmed. We floated along bloodwood trees, passing herons, termite nests, land crabs...to reach a most unlikely bar at the end of the river.

The driving around the island with Uncle Sam (friend of Lawrence, and PAYS member) felt like a breath of fresh air, which sounds silly considering we live outdoors so much, but we truly felt revitalized, soaking in the cool waterfalls and taking in damp fresh air. Greenery is everywhere, thanks to the frequent (read daily!) showers created by mountain trapped clouds. Dominica is quite clean, with not much rubbish lying around (compared to Martinique), everyone you meet welcomes you with open arms (and a basket of coconut shell jewellery to sell, but as long as Anne isn't around, I can say no without offending anyone)
Uncle Sam was most obliging when I mentioned that I'd love to find out about local plants: he stopped and showed us all the fruits growing in the wild: cinnamon tree, pawpaws, grapefruits, passion fruits, nutmeg tree, lemongrass, tapioca, yam, pineapple, wild sorrel, bay leaves...And then there are the flowers: red ginger, helyconia, birds of paradise, frangipani, hibiscus, ixora, poinsettia, African tulip, cat's tail, anthurium, ... (In my next life, I'd like to be a horticulturist). Dominica is known as the garden of the Caribbean's, and its fruits and vegetables are exported all over the islands, especially north to St Martin where the climate is too dry to grow extensive agriculture. And I am not even mentioning the UK and Europe!
While I was in vegetarian foodie heaven (the chicken dish we had for lunch left a lot to be desired, too many bones), Marc and Anne absolutely loved being shown location shots for the Pirates of the Caribbean's movie: the film crew stayed on the island for 4 months and chose 5 different locations, providing much welcomed jobs for the locals. Uncle Sam also promised us a refreshing swim in a waterfall and he delivered, adding a hike thru the rainforest leading to 2 waterfalls. One is easily accessed after a 20mn walk thru orchid groves, the other requires a little climbing skills, negotiating wet and muddy paths cut through the hills (luckily someone thought of attaching a rope on the hill side, for not so nimble people like me to hold on). Marc led the way, Terry and Anne stopped contently at the first one, I pushed on until I reached the point where I could not go any further without rappelling then called it a day! I noticed that Uncle Sam happily waited at the first waterfall.
The return drive took us along the west coast of the island, much drier than the east coast, The lush tropical rainforest was replaced by dry shrubs and when I queried the amount of dirt and sand along one of the rivers, Uncle Sam mentioned a recent natural disaster: back in 1995 a major landslide occurred in the middle of Dominica, causing one whole side of a mountain to collapse in the river below it and effectively creating a dam. Over the years, the water trapped in the dam build up, and in October 2011, after the sediments loosened up, the dam let go allowing millions of litres of water to flood the valley below it, all the way to the ocean. Luckily no one perished, but entire villages and crops were destroyed, we saw remnants of bridges, green houses, what was once an adventure park (only the flying fox cables survived)...and the trucks and excavators hard at work dredging the river. At least they will be able to use the sand and gravel for reconstruction.

The next day, the kids decided nothing could top up the drive, and declined our offer to hike up the hill above the anchorage, in the Cabrits National Park, on top of which sits Fort Shirley, an old fort dating from the 18th century. It was built in 1774, intermittently occupied by the British and the French, until the British Army abandoned it in 1854. The forest has taken over since, and one can only imagine what the place looked like. It's being partially restored (thanks to EU money) and includes a small museum relating the history of the island. As we trekked along steep rocky paths linking the main buildings to the various battery positions on the surrounding hills, Terry and I couldn't help thinking about the 400 slaves brought in to build the fort. We were puffing and twisting our ankles on uneven terrain, imagine doing the same carrying cannon balls and heavy machinery!

After the effort, the reward was a social night joining in a beach BBQ, organised by PAYS as a fund raiser to finance the upkeep of the tender used for night patrol in the bay. The tender was donated by the dominican government a year or so ago, and is used to ensure security in the anchorage at night. The service is free to cruisers, however PAYS came up with this smart fundraising idea to organise a weekly beach BBQ charging 50EC (20US$) per person, with unlimited food and rum punch, the proceeds going towards the maintenance of the boat and the wage for the driver. Judging by the cruisers in attendance that Saturday night and the tranquillity of the anchorage , I'd say it's a success!

Sunday came and we were told we could not leave without watching the Carnival parade in Portsmouth! Carnival runs from mid-January to February 21th, and every town in Dominica has its own parade on different Saturdays. Portsmouth parade happened to be on when we were here. It was fun, cheerful and colourful, and VERY loud! The least you could say is that the locals let their hair down, sang, drank and danced down the main street, to the sound of island music coming out of giant sound systems mounted on big trucks for the occasion. Though on a smaller scale, it reminded us of Carnival in Salvador de Bahia, right down to the late night party!

Would we go back to Dominica? Absolutely. Yes it is a poor country, but the people are the friendliest we've met and so generous with their time. And Ok, it does not have the profusion of lovely beaches as seen in the Grenadines and the sailing is not as exciting, but what it lacks on the water, it makes up for it inland. It is a gem for nature lovers, the most unspoilt island for those looking for a little adventure. I'm afraid it may have spoilt us for the remainder of our Caribbean voyage.

La Dominique - 1er au 5 Février, 2012

Nous sommes à La Dominique (à ne pas confondre avec la République Dominicaine, voisine de Haïti, plus au Nord) et le contraste avec les Antilles Françaises est saisissant : c'est un pays pauvre, il n'y a pas de doutes. En fait on a failli ne pas s'arrêter, après avoir lu des articles défavorables dans le guide nautique (il s'avère que le guide écrit par Don Street n'est vraiment pas à jour, si on s'y fiait pour programmer notre itinéraire on raterait beaucoup de coins sympas). Mais grâce aux blogs, Facebook et autres circulaires de bateaux copains et leurs échos très enthousiastes, on s'est laisse convaincre d'y faire escale pour au moins une nuit, en route pour la Guadeloupe.
Et quelle bonne décision : les paysages sont magnifiques, les gens d'une gentillesse inimaginable, les boat boys omniprésents mais très courtois, et tellement bien organises...la Dominique nous a tellement ravis, c'est devenu notre ile préférée.

Nous avons donc mouille au nord de l'ile, dans Prince Rupert Bay à Portsmouth exactement. Apres avoir endure pendant des années une mauvaise réputation suite à des problèmes de sécurité, les boat boys du coin ainsi que certaines entreprises se sont organisés et ont montes une association Portsmouth Association of Yacht Safety (PAYS) qui a pour but de « réguler » les services pour les bateaux au mouillage. Résultat pour nous plaisanciers, loin de la frénésie rencontrée à St Lucie, l'arrivée au mouillage s'est fait très calmement, un boat boy nous a bien approche mais nous avons décliné son offre en faveur de Lawrence of Arabia (de son vrai nom Lawrence Roberts, que Bertrand de Bacchus nous avait recommandé) et c'en est reste la ! En fait ils sont une douzaine de bateaux qui travaillent ensemble, certains d'entre eux ont même grandit ensemble sur la même plage, l'un semble être charge de la collecte des poubelles, un autre vend des fruits et légumes, le reste se partagent les activités de guide, taxi, intermédiaires, ....Bref, ils bichonnent leur visiteurs, tout est fait pour que les yachts puissent séjourner en toute tranquillité ce qui en retour leur assure un salaire pendant 6 mois de l'année.

Une des excursions incontournables à Portsmouth est une ballade sur la rivière indienne (Indian River). Lawrence nous a emmené dans sa pirogue, ce qui n'était pas sans nous rappeler notre aventure amazonienne d'il y a 4 ans. Marc et Anne étaient particulièrement intéressés par le fait que la scène des voodoos dans Pirates of the Caribbeans 2 était filmée dans cette même rivière. Nous avons passé des arbres aux racines torturées, des hérons, des nids de termites, des crabes de terre...pour finalement atteindre un bistro original en pleine jungle.

Autre must : une visite de l'intérieur de l'ile. La ballade avec Uncle Sam (ami de Lawrence et membre de PAYS également) s'est révélée une bouffée d'oxygène, ce qui peut sembler bizarre vu que nous vivons beaucoup à l'extérieur, mais sincèrement on s'est senti revitalises après une journée dans les hauteurs. La verdure est partout, grâce aux averses fréquentes (quotidiennes !) créés par les nuages bloques par les montagnes. La Dominique est une ile propre, peu de déchets jongent les rues (surtout compare à la Martinique), les gens vous accueillent à bras ouverts (parfois charges de bijoux en noix de coco à vendre, mais tant qu'Anne n'est pas aux alentours je peux dire non sans offusquer qui que ce soit)
Uncle Sam a été des plus serviables, quand j'ai mentionné mon intérêt pour les plantes locales : il s'est arrêté a la moindre opportunité pour nous montrer les fruits poussant dans la nature : l'arbre a cannelle, papayer, pamplemoussier, fruits de la passion (appelé ici maracuja), noix de muscade, citronnelle, manioc, igname, ananas, groseille pays, laurier...Sans oublier les fleurs : alpinias, balisiers, frangipaniers, hibiscus, ixoras, poinsettias (Etoiles de Noel), tulipes africaines, queues de chat, anthurium...(je serais bien horticultrice dans une autre vie). La Dominique est reconnue comme le jardin des Caraïbes, et ses fruits et légumes sont exportes dans toutes les iles, en particulier à St Martin ou le climat bien trop sec empêche toute agriculture. Et je ne compte pas le marché européen et britannique !
Alors pendant que j'étais au paradis des végétariens (le plat de poulet au déjeuner n'était pas terrible, plein de petits os...), Marc et Anne ont adore faire le tour des sites ou le film Pirates of the Caribbeans a été tourne en extérieur. L'équipe du tournage est restée sur l'ile pendant 4 mois, sélectionnant 5 sites différents, et créant ainsi pas mal de jobs pour les habitants. Uncle Sam nous avait également promis une baignade dans une des innombrables cascades (waterfalls), et il ne nous a pas déçu, ajoutant une randonnée à travers la jungle qui aboutit a non pas une, mais 2 cascades. La première était facile d'accès, après une vingtaine de minutes de marche le long de bosquets d'orchidées. La deuxième par contre a nécessité un peu d'escalade, des passages dans des sentiers pleins de gadoue à flanc de colline (heureusement que quelqu'un a pensé à attacher une corde le long du chemin pour que les gens pas si agiles comme moi puisse s'accrocher). Marc a marche devant, Terry et Anne étaient contents de s'arrêter à la première cascade, j'ai suivi Marc jusqu'au point ou le seul moyen de continuer était de faire du rappel et là j'ai jeté l'éponge ! Uncle Sam lui nous a attendu patiemment a la première cascade, pas fou.
Le chemin du retour était bien plus sec, passant par la côte ouest de l'ile. La jungle tropicale a été remplacée par une sorte de brousse sèche et quand j'ai remarqué les tas de rochers et de sable le long de la rivière, Uncle Sam nous a fait part d'une récente catastrophe naturelle : en 1995 un glissement de terrain énorme s'est produit au cœur de l'ile, provoquant l'effondrement de tout le flanc d'une montagne dans la rivière en aval et la création d'un barrage naturel. Au fil des ans, le niveau de l'eau contenue dans ce barrage est monte, et en Octobre 2011, à la suite d'un ramollissement des sédiments a la base, le barrage à cédé et relâché des millions de litres d'eau dans la vallée, jusqu'à l'embouchure. Heureusement personne n'a péri, mais des villages entiers ont été détruits ainsi que leurs récoltes, on a vu des ponts en ruines, des serres ensevelies sous le sable, ce qui reste d'un parc d'accrobranche (seuls les câbles des tyroliennes tiennent encore)...et des bennes et des camions faisant de leur mieux pour draguer la rivière. On espère au moins que le sable et les graviers pourront être réutilisés pour la reconstruction.

Le lendemain, les enfants ont décidé que rien ne pouvaient surpasser la ballade avec Uncle Sam, et ont donc décliné notre offre d'une randonnée au sommet de la colline surplombant le mouillage. A flanc de colline, faisant partie du Cabrits National Park, Fort Shirley est un vieux fort datant du 18eme siècle. Sa construction remonte à 1774, les français et les anglais se le sont disputes de façon intermittente, finalement les Anglais l'ont emporté, pour finalement l'abandonner en 1854. Depuis, la nature a repris le dessus, et on ne peut qu'imaginer a quoi le fort ressemblait il y a 160 ans. Des restaurations sont en court, financées par la CEE, et comprennent la construction d'un musée relatant l'histoire de l'ile. Alors que nous grimpions les sentiers escarpes reliant les bâtiments principaux aux diverses batteries plus en hauteurs, Terry et moi pensions aux 400 esclaves réquisitionnés pour la construction du fort. Déjà qu'on était à bout de souffle et on se tordait les chevilles sur ce terrain accidente, imaginez faire la même chose et en plus porter des boules de canon !

Apres l'effort, le réconfort nous attendait sous la forme d'un BBQ sur la plage, soirée organisée par la PAYS qui a pour but de lever des fonds afin de financer l'entretien du bateau charge de faire la patrouille de nuit dans la baie. Cette annexe est un don du gouvernement dominicain, et est utilisée pour assurer la sécurité au mouillage de nuit. Ce service est gratuit pour les plaisanciers, mais un membre de PAYS a eu l'idée d'organiser le financement à travers un BBQ sur la plage tous les week ends pour 50EC (15 euros) par personne, avec plats et rhum punch a volonté. Tous les bénéfices sont dirigés vers l'entretien du bateau et le versement d'un salaire pour le conducteur. A en juger par le nombre de « clients » ce samedi soir et la tranquillité du mouillage, je dirais qu'ils remportent un franc succès !

Pour finir la semaine en beauté, nos boat boys ont insisté pour que nous ne quittions pas Portsmouth sans assister à la parade du Carnaval ! Le carnaval se déroule de la mi-janvier jusqu'au 21 Février, et chaque village dans la Dominique organise son défilé un dimanche diffèrent. Par chance, celui de Portsmouth était prévu pendant notre séjour. C'était très amusant, d'une ambiance très joyeuse et surtout TRES bruyant. Le moins que l'on puisse dire c'est que les gens du coin se sont défoulés, ils ont danse, chante en pleine rue, tous bien arroses a coup de bière locale, au son de dance music locale sortant de sound systems géants montes sur des gros camions pour l'occasion. Tout comme à Salvador de Bahia, a plus petite échelle certes, mais a intensité égale.

Donc, sommes-nous prêts à revenir à la Dominique ? Absolument. Oui, c'est un pays pauvre, mais les habitants sont les plus charmants que nous ayons rencontres, et sont tellement généreux d'esprit. D'accord, il n'y a pas profusion de belles plages comme aux Grenadines, et les navigations n'y sont pas aussi palpitantes, mais ce qu'on rate sur l'eau, et largement compense par ce qu'on découvre a terre. Ile nature par excellence, c'est un joyau pour les amoureux de la nature et ceux a la recherche d'aventures. En ce qui nous concerne, j'ai bien peur qu'on ait été gâté pour le reste de notre voyage antillais.

Comments
Vessel Name: VOAHANGY
Vessel Make/Model: Lagoon 560
Hailing Port: Sydney
Crew: Terry, Voahangy, Marc, Anne Steen
About:
Terry, 71, skipper, ex-pilot, surfer, aerobatics champion, can fix anything, never sea sick, loves a beer, hates the cold, is happiest anchored off a deserted beach. [...]
VOAHANGY's Photos - Main
84 Photos
Created 20 November 2014
2 glorious months, cruising various parts of Fiji. So many different experiences in one country: lush rainforests, colourful indian towns, blue lagoons, traditional villages, great fishing, fancy resorts... And the best part was sharing the cruising with family and friends. Can't beat Fiji with company! Here is a collection of our favourite moments (and there are a few!!!)
1 Photo | 8 Sub-Albums
Created 12 October 2014
Some of the whales actions we witnessed in Tonga, to read with the Whales action post by Anne!
7 Photos
Created 1 October 2014
Whale watching, snorkelling, bonfires, making new friends...One of the most remote and austere destination, far away from big tourism, with friendly people holding on to their traditions. Weather a bit chilly, but who cares???
46 Photos
Created 10 September 2014
49 Photos
Created 25 July 2014
15 Photos
Created 25 July 2014
9 Photos
Created 25 July 2014
38 Photos
Created 30 June 2014
20 Photos
Created 30 June 2014
72 Photos
Created 28 June 2014
55 Photos
Created 23 June 2014
27 Photos
Created 15 May 2014
37 Photos
Created 11 May 2014
40 Photos
Created 30 March 2014
1 Photo | 3 Sub-Albums
Created 15 March 2014
The time finally came to leave...a month of celebrations and sadness!
30 Photos
Created 5 March 2014
Another holiday within the holiday! Spent 13 fantastic days in Whistler, British Columbia joined by Aussie friends David and Denise. First time on skis for them, perfecting camps for Marc and Anne, loads of fun for everyone.
70 Photos
Created 8 February 2014
Nothing like having family and friends coming for a visit in the sun. Lots of eating, drinking, swimming, laughing...showing everyone our small paradise.
99 Photos
Created 30 January 2014
End of school year in Puerto, many get togethers before flying off to Paris for a family Christmas.
25 Photos
Created 23 January 2014
Day of the Dead festival, a friend visiting from Australia, Anne participating in her first martial arts tournament,...As usual a lot of eating and socialising!
40 Photos
Created 2 December 2013
68 Photos
Created 6 November 2013
Having visitors means putting on our tour guide hat "Voahangy & Co in Mexico", much exploring and eating: ruins, cenotes, beaches, villages, markets,... . I shared Mexican cooking lessons and was repaid with Dutch baking classes from our French guest. We ate a lot of cakes this month! So much sugar, no candies needed for Halloween this year, just parties...
74 Photos
Created 1 November 2013
This is the slowest month of the year in Mexico: hurricane threats, hot and humid weather, torrential rains drive the tourists away and confine the rest of us indoors. It poured for 22 days non stop! We still managed a dive (in the rain) for Father's Day, a day of all you can eat and drink at the local resort for Terry's birthday, and as usual lots of cooking and eating. Just on cue, the weather cleared at the end of the month for the arrival of Marie Suzanne, a French girlfriend. So lots of touring and catching up. Celebrated Mexican Independence Day all month long (it seems), eating black beans and pork verde!
47 Photos
Created 10 October 2013
No excursions this month. Just hanging around Puerto Aventuras, school, friends, ...Sat thru a couple of storms, torrential rains, big winds...Nowhere to go so more time spent in the galley and writing about it!!!
33 Photos
Created 12 September 2013
Holiday month for everyone: visitors from the USA, kids in and out, parties, US National Day celebration, French National Day celebration, Tulum for a night (bliss...) The start of a new food blog meant a month spent in the galley experimenting. Not much in terms of local food, mostly home cooked French. Chocolate cake anyone?
41 Photos
Created 24 August 2013
Holiday Seasons with old and new friends, provisioning and preparing to leave the USA...
54 Photos
Created 16 July 2013
End of school year performances, lots of baking/cooking for school festivities, Marc hospitalised, first tropical storms testing our nerves, road trip to Belize... Eat ceviche, my latest food addiction!!!
15 Photos | 1 Sub-Album
Created 8 July 2013
Lots on! An interesting road trip to the Chiapas region, wonderful ruins of Palenque, green and lush Tabasco, Anne's birthday, Cozumel by boat, Kids sports graduation...Eat chilaquiles, breakfast with a difference.
26 Photos | 3 Sub-Albums
Created 2 July 2013
Settling down and mixing with the locals: kids are off to school, birthday parties, more of Tulum, unexpected reunion with fellow cruisers. Eat: black bean soup!
30 Photos
Created 2 July 2013
Not much tourism this month. We finally made the decision to stay for the rest of the year. So it's head down with school, get together with cruising friends ( they're passing thru while we stay behind) and switching to "landlubber's" mode. Resolved to eat at home more often, back to healthier diet.
19 Photos
Created 13 June 2013
Exploring the Yucatan peninsula by car, to Uxmal ruins and Merida. More of Tulum. Marc's Birthday. Try Flyboarding. Join in the local community of Puerto Aventuras. Xel-Ha. Discover Playa del Carmen. Eat nachos.
27 Photos | 2 Sub-Albums
Created 13 June 2013
Landfall in Isla Mujeres, find our way around our new home in Puerto Aventuras, excursion to Coba ruins, discover Tulum, swim with dolphins, eat tacos...
31 Photos | 2 Sub-Albums
Created 13 June 2013
Our last few weeks (even months) have been spent in Puerto Aventuras, Mexico. Not much cruising for us, more like enjoying company of new friends, safety of a protected harbor, and relaxing for a while, knowing we don't have to go anywhere for a while...
25 Photos
Created 2 April 2013
2 weeks in an island where time has stood still for 50 years! Road trip La havana - Vinales- Cienfuegos - Trinidad - La Havana. Cruise down the west coast, beautiful beaches, good fishing, diving,... Warm waters at last!!!!
3 Sub-Albums
Created 5 February 2013
To be enjoyed while reading the post!
43 Photos
Created 31 December 2012
Exploring Charleston and Savannah
1 Photo | 2 Sub-Albums
Created 27 December 2012
2 weeks shore leave, driving to Shenandoah National Park: lots of hiking, eating "country style" food, looking for bears, avoiding bears...Long drive across to Kitty Hawk, North Carolina, to visit the Wrights brothers memorial and Cape Hatteras.
28 Photos
Created 25 December 2012
Caught up with friends, left the boat on display at the 2012 Boat Show, toured historic downtown and US Naval Academy, watched a football game...welcome to the US sailing capital!
51 Photos
Created 25 December 2012
Unforgetable summer cruising around Block island, Nantucket, and Martha's Vineyard.
1 Photo | 3 Sub-Albums
Created 16 December 2012
46 Photos
Created 17 October 2012
A leisurely cruise from New York to Newport. Quite anchorages, fresh ocean breeze, ...a million miles away from Big City living!
37 Photos
Created 5 September 2012
July and September in the Big Apple. Cruise, Eat, Shop, Walk,...Look at some of our best memories (work in progress, I am still sorting thru thousands fo photos!)
1 Photo | 4 Sub-Albums
Created 3 September 2012
Museums, memorials, parks, bike trails...the most photogenic city.
85 Photos
Created 15 August 2012
First voyage in July, on our way to Washington DC. Passing thru quaint and historical towns, sampling crabs and oysters in hot summer nights... Returned in September, enjoying all Annapolis has to offer (well, nearly), and the spectacle of autumn foliage.
20 Photos
Created 15 August 2012
Where there are some seriously clever people!
22 Photos
Created 15 August 2012
29 Photos
Created 20 July 2012
Shore leave: Make believe, dreams come true, thrills, fast food...Anything goes here!!!
42 Photos
Created 20 July 2012
Welcome to America! Our port of entry, last moments with friends, base for a mini-refit, and our first taste of the USA...
18 Photos
Created 30 June 2012
59 Photos
Created 31 May 2012
17 Photos
Created 25 May 2012
33 Photos
Created 25 May 2012
52 Photos
Created 25 April 2012
19 Photos
Created 14 April 2012
30 Photos
Created 14 April 2012
28 Photos
Created 30 March 2012
28 Photos
Created 5 March 2012
40 Photos
Created 12 February 2012
36 Photos
Created 12 February 2012
25 Photos
Created 28 January 2012
49 Photos
Created 8 January 2012
37 Photos
Created 4 January 2012
40 Photos
Created 28 December 2011
What happens during a transat?
40 Photos
Created 14 December 2011
44 Photos
Created 19 November 2011
22 Photos
Created 19 November 2011
40 Photos
Created 19 November 2011
13 Photos
Created 19 November 2011
18 Photos
Created 19 November 2011
30 Photos
Created 17 November 2011
21 Photos
Created 30 October 2011
18 Photos
Created 22 October 2011
24 Photos
Created 1 October 2011
21 Photos
Created 8 September 2011