Melody - Summer Cruise 2012

Vessel Name: Melody
Vessel Make/Model: Bavaria 36
Hailing Port: Hythe, Southampton
16 June 2012 | Crouesty, Quiberon Bay
06 June 2012 | Fouesnant, France
03 June 2012 | Benodet, France
01 June 2012 | L'Aber wrach
Recent Blog Posts
16 June 2012 | Crouesty, Quiberon Bay

Melody in Crouesty

11/6

06 June 2012 | Fouesnant, France

Melody in Port La Foret

4th June

03 June 2012 | Benodet, France

Melody in Benodet

Finally we got here!

01 June 2012 | L'Aber wrach

Melody in L'Aber wrach

27/5

Melody in Benodet

03 June 2012 | Benodet, France
Finally we got here!
We always think we can really start our summer cruise when we reach Benodet. I suppose it is having the Chanel du Four and the Raz behind us and the good possibility of West winds to drive us further south.

1/6
We left L'Aber wrach at 1.30, having changed to French time on all clocks, watches and computer. It had been a lovely sunny morning in which we had walked the mile up a steep hill to the supermarket and done the shopping.
We sailed out into a fog bank seeing Magic Time, who we tried to call, on their way in! . The fog was very light and patchy but was rolling out into the shipping lanes. There were continuous messages from the coast guard.

We stopped sailing at the Four as we were going too slowly and from there motored the rest of the way to Camaret. We found a mooring without problem and had dinner in the cockpit on a lovely evening. We had an early night.

2/6
We were up at 5.30 and off by 5.50. It was clear there was double the forecasted wind speed and we raced down to the Raz arriving 30 mins early. It was smooth but the wind suddenly got up to 25kts on the nose (SE) and remained between 15 and 22 kts in that direction until we reached Penmarsh. That was a few hours and slams later. The wind was supposed to go from NE, all morning to S and then SW.

We got into Benodet at 4.50 and were kindly helped into a slot on the outside of the wave break just before the tide started to ebb. It was not helped by the bow thruster throwing a wobbly and refusing to work!
We went out for a lovely meal at Transat to celebrate our arrival and also had secured a finger pontoon for the morning.

We plan to be here until Wednesday.

Comments

About & Links