Melody - Summer Cruise 2012

Vessel Name: Melody
Vessel Make/Model: Bavaria 36
Hailing Port: Hythe, Southampton
16 June 2012 | Crouesty, Quiberon Bay
06 June 2012 | Fouesnant, France
03 June 2012 | Benodet, France
01 June 2012 | L'Aber wrach
Recent Blog Posts
16 June 2012 | Crouesty, Quiberon Bay

Melody in Crouesty

11/6

06 June 2012 | Fouesnant, France

Melody in Port La Foret

4th June

03 June 2012 | Benodet, France

Melody in Benodet

Finally we got here!

01 June 2012 | L'Aber wrach

Melody in L'Aber wrach

27/5

Melody in Crouesty

16 June 2012 | Crouesty, Quiberon Bay
11/6
We said goodbye to Port La Foret at 7.30 and with enough depth over the bar motored out in a calm sea. What a change from the last week! Soon we were out of the shelter of the bay and the westerly swell progressively increased to about 2m. The wind also increased a little so we motor sailed to Port Tudy, le de Groix. We arrived at 2.30 and found lots of free finger pontoons and moored next to a Malo 36, Boheme of Dave and Stella. Suddenly in was warm and after a lunch in the cockpit we were dripping! We would have to rig the bimini or leave the boat. We went for a walk up the hill and met Dave and Stella who invited us for a drink at 6.30 while their crew was watching the England France football match at the pub.(It was a draw!)
We had a nice chat and dinner and an early peaceful night.

12/6
We got up at 7 and set off before 7.30 although the wind in the rigging indicated 15kts of wind. It should be behind us, and when we followed the ferry out, it was behind us all the way to the Teighnouse. We put the pole out and with the swell building out of the lee of Groix it was quite a rolling 2 hrs! We sailed through north of the main channel but had a problem with the Furlex and could fully furl the genoa. Across the bay with 20 kts over the deck, I went on the foredeck and furled it by hand. We sailed all the way to the moth of Crouesty marina. We were met by our friends Dave and Liz on Lollipop a Bav 36, exactly the same as ours. They have been down here most years like us. Strong winds are forecast so we will be here for a few days.
Comments

About & Links