Chimbarazo

Round 2…..

14 July 2019 | cape town
29 October 2018 | cape town
27 August 2018 | cape town
06 August 2018 | cape town
03 July 2018 | cape town
18 June 2018 | cape town
25 May 2018 | Cape Town
10 May 2018 | Cape Town
08 May 2018 | cape town
13 April 2018 | cape town
13 April 2018 | cape town
07 March 2018 | cape town
17 February 2018 | cape town
05 February 2018 | hout bay
21 January 2018 | cape town
15 January 2018 | cape town
13 January 2018 | cape town
06 October 2017 | hout bay
03 October 2017 | hout bay
13 September 2017 | Hout bay

May

10 May 2018 | Cape Town
steve
And it goes on.....s l o w l y ........v e r y s l o w l y..... !
.....but there is progress.

Today felt like there was a small sense of urgency, just a small one, a very small one....or maybe Andrew was having a bad day and crapping over everyone so........

The hull has been 'faired', primed and the final sanding was being done. Touch up primer was being applied where required. The transom is looking good, not as 'roughly constructed' looking as previously. The hull itself is looking really nice. A 100% improvement from what we started with !

The figure-heads have been removed and stored for safe keeping. Priming has been done to this area as well. The bow thruster fairing / blending in and priming has been completed. Looking goodly !

On the deck, the white has been painted around all openings. As soon as weather allows, hatch trim will be installed.

The bow thruster has been installed. Andrew is not happy with the installation and wants to make a support plate for the motor unit.
The hwc and genny are in. The exhaust outlets are being welded in place. Other fiddly work to the exhaust system has also been done.
The soft patches have received flanges to the underside to facilitate lifting of the engines without having to remove the soft patches. These have been re-primed.
The locker fixing points are being drilled - or at least the decks are.
The windows are ready for fixing down as well.

The forward heads tank is in place and the shower tray is being adjusted to allow for access to the tank.
The aft heads are in process with trays, cupboard units and some backing boards having being installed.

The checking of the flooring and door gaps is also progressing. Any gaps have been filled and its all looking super.

Some remedial work was done to the cupboard below the companion way. Turns out the floor was rotten so was removed. It has opened up a whole new area for the batteries to be placed into. Bonus.

The engine and bow-thruster battery boxes have been manufactured. Well, boxes isn't quite the correct word but the damn batteries aren't going anywhere once installed !

We have been told that the rig design is imminent - like today still. We shall see.....!!

Evidently there has been a slight hiccup with the rig delivery again. Andrew admits that it needs to get here within a week or two otherwise it may start holding him up.

For images, refer to "Favourites - May"
Comments
Vessel Name: chimbarazo
Vessel Make/Model: Dudley Dix Hout Bay 50 (Cargo version)
Hailing Port: currently Houtbay, South Africa
Crew: Giselle, Steve and Adam
About: Heres to hoping this time round goes well….