Say You Hate Me

Vessel Name: SEE You
Recent Blog Posts
31 May 2008

Is Hoodia Gordonii A Myth or A Miracle Plant?

Is Hoodia Gordonii A Myth or A Miracle Plant?

31 May 2008

What Are Margin Calls in Forex Trading?

What Are Margin Calls in Forex Trading?

31 May 2008

Mother's Day Gift Ideas - Start a Vintage Fiesta Dinnerware Collection

Mother's Day Gift Ideas - Start a Vintage Fiesta Dinnerware Collection

31 May 2008

What is Forex Margin Trading?

What is Forex Margin Trading?

31 May 2008

Skin Care Tips

Skin Care Tips

Mother's Day Gift Ideas - Start a Vintage Fiesta Dinnerware Collection

31 May 2008
Mother's Day Gift Ideas - Start a Vintage Fiesta Dinnerware Collection
Starting a vintage Fiesta dinnerware collection as a gift for Mother's Day is a great idea for a present that's unique and lasting. As the years go by, it becomes somewhat of a struggle for many people to come up with new Mother's Day gift ideas. Starting a fiestaware collection allows you to give a gift that will continue to give for a number of years, and offers a unique gift that is attractive, useful and meaningful, especially to baby-boomer-aged mothers.

From the first introduction of Homer Laughlin's Fiesta to the consumer market, the dinnerware line was created to be modern, colorful and appealing. The art deco design as well as the purposeful encouragement for consumers to mix and match the pieces, something not encouraged in previously popular Victorian china patterns of the day, were all calculated efforts of the manufacturer to promote each hostess's individual personality and design tastes. So, as a result of the company's foresight, vintage fiestaware embodies a timeless quality that is as great an asset to today's d�cor as it was 50 or even 70 years ago.

So if you choose to give the gift of vintage Fiesta dinnerware to begin a deserving mother's collection, here are a few tips.

Because vintage fiesta has become such a popular collectible, it's price, while still affordable, can be a bit daunting compared to other similar collectibles. Therefore, it's to your advantage to be the smart shopper in two ways. One, begin the collection by purchasing just a few pieces at a time rather than attempting to obtain complete sets. Second, shop eBay, where you can usually get more reasonable pricing as opposed to antique shop prices.

Another idea for affordable collecting from an online source is Rubylane.com. You can purchase vintage fiestaware from individual collectors at Rubylane, so you have a direct source for possibly getting background information about the pieces you purchase (if that's important or interesting to you). You can also ask specific questions regarding condition, so that you know that you're getting what you're paying for, and you have a better opportunity to negotiate price if needed. Although you have no guarantees and must remember to use caution it terms of finding and dealing with reputable sellers, I've never had a computer desk manufacturer bad experience with purchasing through Rubylane.

On the other hand, if you're more focused on shopping for guaranteed quality over pricing, and so desire more control over the quality of the piece you get, you'll want to shop for fiestaware at Replacements.com. Replacements has been in the chinaware and fine china replacement business for many years, and obtained an excellent reputation long before they began operating online.

In addition to being a reputable source, Replacements.com offers an excellent china and dinnerware selection, with several levels of pricing for their pieces, including vintage fiesta, based on the condition of the pieces being purchased. This allows you the ability to purchase near perfect pieces, or even pieces with just slight imperfections, but still of collectible quality, to get your Mother's Day recipient's collection going.
Comments

About & Links