Da Plan, Da Plan
22 March 2017 | La Paz, BCS, Mexico
Time to get out all the planning guides and figure out where we're going. This probably takes us through 2018 and into 2019.
The waiting is still killin' me, but as soon as the boat is ready we'll be doing some sailing locally - a little shakedown cruise before our departure the 20th of April.
A southern route including the South Island of New Zealand, Tasmania, SW Australia, the Cape of Good Hope (and a few of years later, Cape Horn) would give us a rounding of all five capes (if that’s of importance to anyone) with a risk of some additional dastardly weather.
I have not bounced this off any weather planning beyond New Zealand for hurricane/monsoon seasons and the best months for any given crossing.
(Using the Great Circle Mapper)
Stay tuned :D