It's been a long transition - FOUR MONTHS!
I hope we haven't changed POPPY's character too much. I really didn't want her to end up looking like a Reaver's ship from Josh Wheedon's Serenity. Pew! Pew!
But let's go through the changes one by one with some before and after shots...
Note the Dinghy on the foredeck, the clean lines outlined by the teak toe-rail, and the prim bow with tucked in anchor - no clutter from solar arches, dinghy davits etc., etc. She's a "picnic boat" from SF Bay.
Anchor and Plate BEFORE:
and AFTER: We're in Cruising Mode:
1. The Bow Wow! (to ram those Battle-Bots). Anchor moved forward for clearance & provide an extended gennaker bowsprit.
Note: You can't really take a close-up photo with the iPhone's wide-angle lens... Makes your nose look REALLY BIG!
2. The Solar Array
3. The Jiggity Juggity - All the more Diesel, Gasoline and Propane to fuel you with.
STARBOARD (One Propane Tank and cover removed):
4. The Life Raft Cage Rage
The raft is out of the Lazarette & onto the Rail
5. The Interrupting Antenna Farm (Moo)
POPPY has her own tribute to the TWIN TOWERS! (Items 5 and 8)
6. The Bar-B-Que Mount
We moved it back just enough to give it 8" additional clearance for the helmsman.
Note the close quarters BEFORE:
And the additional room AFTER:
7. The Divity Davity
For the Dinghy while we're not passage-making
8. The Tower of Power (TWIN to the Antenna Farm TOWER)
The Bandido's Generator - 400 Watts
(No, they didn't hijack this one!)
9. The Outboard Motor & Aft Anchor - now mounted port-side
Custom Bracket Detail
10. The Jiggity Juggity Jug of... PORT:
Yeppers! POPPY will be ready SOON - All we have to do is keep up with the POPPYBOAT!!