28 February 2018 | Caribbean Sea
We are in the middle of day 4 of our passage from Panama to Grand Cayman. It started out pretty boisterous with winds in the 20-25 knot range and waves 14 feet. Slowly it has settled and now we are sailing in 17 knots of wind with 5 foot seas. We have had to motor sail a bit to hold our course and not get set too far west. We decided to pass on going to the Bay Islands of Honduras because of some piracy going on there against cruising boats passing by. We wanted to stay way off shore. We might see them another time when we can approach them from the other direction. Now we are passed all that and out in the wide open with 145 miles to go. We might make it in before dark tomorrow or if not we'll heave too off the island until the next morning. We plan to stay in the Caymans for a week or two and then head for Florida. I'll post this via the short wave radio and pictures when we get internet again. All's well.