Pacific Transit 2013 to Asia and Thailand 2016

We spent 2014 in Fiji, 2015 in New Zealand and 2016 in Malaysia and Thailand. Always Saturday was sold in 2016 in Malaysia

STILL WAITING in the Las Perlas Islands

Although the anchorage is wonderful.....we are getting impatient waiting for wind. The weather model through the beginning of next week isn't looking promising. There is nothing that can be done about it and once again we recognize that control is only an allusion. Surprise! We need wind to sail and we aren't going to motor for 9 days to the Galapagos Islands, so we wait.

We have spent an inordinate amount of time trying to figure out how the Iridium satellite phone works. The learning curve has been steep but today we will do a trial test, hoping we can actually download weather information from the phone to the computer. We have a computer program that shows where and when the satellites are overhead and when the next one will be in range. Even though we have a single side band radio which will also give us weather information, the sat phone is a good backup and can also be used in an emergency if necessary. You know how Always Saturday is into backups. Three autopilots, two gps's with a small puck gps that integrates with the three computers on board......you get the picture.

The projects are slowly getting done and who knows we might even run out of things to do but I doubt that. Surly the wind will pickup before that happens! On to making bread which is a whole project in itself.

Bye from the Las Perlas Islands........

Comments