S.V. "Bliss"

30 March 2008 | La Cruz
10 March 2008 | Barra de Navidad
05 March 2008 | Barra de Navidad
05 March 2008 | Barra de Navidad
15 February 2008 | Chacala N 21� 09.835" W, 105�, 13.632"
07 February 2008 | Mazatlan Harbor
07 February 2008 | Sea of Cortez
07 February 2008 | N 26 46.34" W 110 32.58" Sea of Cortez
02 February 2008 | San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico
30 January 2008 | San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico
29 January 2008 | San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico
29 January 2008 | San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico

HELLOOOO, MAZ!

07 February 2008 | Mazatlan Harbor
Clear, breezy
The Capt was up all night, taking one long watch because of the rough seas that started in the early afternoon and the presence of many fishing boats.Not the greatest conditions for fishing, but they were out in force. I stretched out on the settee with Chica wedged against me for warmth and security.

Our concern that we'd arrive at Mazatlan anchorage in the dark went the way of the usual worries. Not only did we arrive at dawn, but the entrance is very easy. We did have to watch make way for a cruise ship. The Princess Dawn gave an imperious five blasts of her horn just as a pilot boat approached with a man on deck frantically waving at us to change course.

Once Her Majesty had swept by, we entered the harbor and found dozens of sailboats anchored, some of which I remembered from other ports. Lots of big sailboats that would have had to pay major bucks at the marina for an end tie were here instead, since they have all the house systems they require and don't need no stinkin' marina.

Our friends on Sol Mate are still a couple of hours behind, so I'm waiting to greet them. We're "parked" near the Club Nautico, the closest thing the anchorage has to a provider of services for boaters. I'm wondering if they have decent bathrooms and showers. Are there water taxis? Where's the nearest laundry? How much has the place changed since I was last year, about ten years ago? Are we walking distance from Old Town (probably not). I'm trying to suppress my growing desire to jump in a water taxi, go catch a pulmonia and do some exploring. I can sympathize with Sophie, who's so anxious to get to land when we've been out several days, she'll stand in the bow of the dinghy watching the shore and howl. Maybe we could howl in harmony if I could figure out what key she's in.
Comments
Vessel Name: Bliss
Vessel Make/Model: Morgan 33 Out Island
Hailing Port: San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico
Crew: Jim, Bliss, Sofia and Chica
About: We're from California, have lived in Mexico two years, and sail yearly down the coast exploring other possible locations. But we won't be moving anytime soon, as we have a second, larger project boat that will require a couple years of rehabilitation before she's ready to sail: The Green Flash

Crew of the S/V Bliss

Who: Jim, Bliss, Sofia and Chica
Port: San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico