CHARDONNAY @ Sea

22 May 2013 | Off Savannah, GA in the Gulf Stream
22 April 2013 | Fort Lauderdale
22 April 2013 | Key West to Ft. Miami
18 April 2013
11 April 2013 | Key West, FL
09 April 2013 | Marco Island, FL
05 April 2013 | Naples, FL
30 March 2013 | Naples, FL
26 March 2013 | Key West
25 March 2013 | Florida Keys
25 March 2013 | Florida Keys
25 March 2013 | Lauderdale to Miami
12 March 2013 | For Lauderdale
01 March 2013 | Lake Sylvia, FL
28 February 2013 | St. Lucie, FL
27 February 2013 | New River
11 February 2013
07 January 2013 | Washington DC

Take Me Out to the Ball Game

28 February 2013 | St. Lucie, FL
Freddi and Scott
We left the boat tied to the dock at the New River and drove north to see “our Nats” spring training opening day. It was an “away” game in Port St. Lucie so we went up the night before and stayed with Rich and Galena in Stuart (fast becoming one of our favorite spots to think about landing someday). For opening day, Strasburg pitched the first couple of innings, and we got to see Denard Span, our new center fielder, in action. In fact we saw a lot of players in action so it’s probably easier to say who we didn’t see (LaRoche, Espinosa, Zimmerman (R & J), Werth). Scott procured front row seats on the visitors’ side right in front of the Nat’s Bullpen, close enough to talk to the players without yelling. Rich caught a foul ball (that Freddi said was intended for her so he gave it to her), and we enjoyed a wonderful sunny Florida day taking in our first “Grapefruit League” game. The Nats lost, but they gave lots of players a chance to make the big leagues and show a LOT promise to build upon last year’s great season.

As we write this, we’re back in Lake Sylvia visiting with cruisers, completing the water-maker installation, and testing the new batteries (if only the wind generator we purchased at the boat show were here now we’d have solar by day and wind by night and not need the generator except to make hot water – I (Freddi) do require some amenities). In the process of all the moving around, we (well, mostly Freddi) decided that our Trinka (sailing dingy) is too cumbersome so we are trying to sell it and get ourselves down to one dinghy. Offers have come in from New England, Seattle and Afghanistan (actually he wants it shipped to Green Cove Springs)! So by the time you read the next entry we’ll be a ‘one dingy’ family, but will have more deck space (maybe Freddi can finally install the TRX) and may pick up a kayak on the way around the Keys.
Comments
Vessel Name: CHARDONNAY
Vessel Make/Model: Seaton Ketch
Hailing Port: Washington, DC
Crew: Scott & Freddi
Extra: Listen for us on the Ham nets; we check in daily to the Waterway Radio Cruising Club (WRCC 7.268 LSB) at 0815 and the Maritime Mobile Service Network (MMSN 14.300 USB)

SV CHARDONNAY

Who: Scott & Freddi
Port: Washington, DC