CHARDONNAY @ Sea

22 May 2013 | Off Savannah, GA in the Gulf Stream
22 April 2013 | Fort Lauderdale
22 April 2013 | Key West to Ft. Miami
18 April 2013
11 April 2013 | Key West, FL
09 April 2013 | Marco Island, FL
05 April 2013 | Naples, FL
30 March 2013 | Naples, FL
26 March 2013 | Key West
25 March 2013 | Florida Keys
25 March 2013 | Florida Keys
25 March 2013 | Lauderdale to Miami
12 March 2013 | For Lauderdale
01 March 2013 | Lake Sylvia, FL
28 February 2013 | St. Lucie, FL
27 February 2013 | New River
11 February 2013
07 January 2013 | Washington DC

Happy Passover

05 April 2013 | Naples, FL
Freddi
We arrived in Naples to find that the convenient T-head side tie we thought we had booked was still occupied. Turns out one of the people on the boat at the T-head had injured her shoulder – I can identify with that – so we were assigned a slip. Getting into the slip was a challenge with the wind fighting us all the way, but Captain Scott can make CHARDONNAY waltz, and she eventually slid right into the slip. The finger pier was pretty short so getting on and off the boat with the varying tide levels was a challenge all week, but we “do” challenges.

After hand steering the entire trip from DC, Scott insisted that a new autopilot was a safety necessity (I agreed) so we bit the bullet and ordered one for delivery to Naples. While awaiting the autopilot and generator repair parts, we did what we had come for – visited family and friends. Robert and Cheryl (Freddi’s little –oops youngest – brother and sister-in-law) joined us on the boat for dinner on Monday and generously offered the use of their car while we were there. Cruisers know what means--COSTCO! Tuesday meant provisioning at Costco and Wynn’s market (a highly recommended gourmet grocery within walking distance of the City Dock with a great wine selection), not to mention the hardware store (next door, owned by the same family). Then it was off to our mini-seder at Freddi’s mom’s apartment with Mom and niece Loree. Wednesday it was back to Robert and Cheryl’s lovely Naples home for dinner with them and Mom and Loree. Cheryl cooks too—salmon chowder and a chicken salad with lovely wines. We opted to spend the night there so we could enjoy our nightcap in the hot tub, followed by long hot showers.
Comments
Vessel Name: CHARDONNAY
Vessel Make/Model: Seaton Ketch
Hailing Port: Washington, DC
Crew: Scott & Freddi
Extra: Listen for us on the Ham nets; we check in daily to the Waterway Radio Cruising Club (WRCC 7.268 LSB) at 0815 and the Maritime Mobile Service Network (MMSN 14.300 USB)

SV CHARDONNAY

Who: Scott & Freddi
Port: Washington, DC