S/V EdE J

03 November 2016 | St. Petersburg, Florida
24 October 2016 | St. Petersburg, Florida
25 July 2016 | Port Colborne, Ontario, CA
21 July 2016 | Toronto, Ontario, CA
16 July 2016 | Admiralty Islands, St. Lawrence river
12 July 2016 | Trento, Ontario Canada
10 July 2016 | Whitby, Ontario Canada
09 July 2016 | Hamilton, Ontario Canada
06 July 2016 | Port Dalhousie, Ontario Canada
30 December 2015 | Tierra Verde Florida, the EdE J is on the hard in Cleveland
23 September 2015 | CYC Dock
08 August 2015 | Cleveland Yachting Club
13 July 2015 | NYC, the Hudson and Catskill
14 June 2015 | The Maritime Republic of Eastport, better known as the other side of the river from Annapolis
31 May 2015 | Portsmouth Virginia
28 May 2015 | Northbound ICW near Pamlico Sound.
25 May 2015 | Waccamaw River, SM 385
22 May 2015 | Middle of the AICWW

Too hot to handle

27 April 2015 | Tavernier, FL
Ed / Hotter than we like
We are 5 days from our sojourn in Marco Island. We spent two idyllic days in Marathon at the Marathon Marina. This marina is the host to many live aboards, and they could not have been more welcoming. Our dock mate, who ironically had a husband in Lower Keys Medical center the same time I was there, for the same reason was generous enough to take EJ to the grocery store for some provisions, and we felt right at home with many younger boaters running to help us dock, it felt a little like CYC.

We moved on to eclectic Tavernier Florida and Curtis Marine, another live aboard location, and were again welcomed by the locals. it was surprising that for the first time on our trip were are surrounded by center cockpit sailboats in the 40-44 foot class. Our dock mate here took pity on us and provided an abundance of ice from her icemaker, yes they have them for sailboats.

As you can see from the picture, the temperature outside is in the very high 80's, and it feels like 98, down from yesterday's 101. the water temperature is 91, and as any good A/C guy will tell you, that limits the ability of the boats A/C to cool, so combined with limited insulation, hours of direct sunshine and reduced capacity, the boat sits at a balmy 77.5 inside.

We are anxious to move North, straight line, we are 963 nm from our dock at CYC. We are 3830 miles into the journey, which should come to about 5500 when we finish.

Tomorrow, we have a short trip by car, 212 miles to Melbourne to get a part for the engine monitoring system that blew on the way from Marco to Marathon. It will be stormy down here, so we will not loose a travel day, and I am not comfortable running under power without RPM, Temperature or Oil pressure indications. Hopefully by Wednesday it will be fixed, and we will get underway when the storms subside Thursday. If we are lucky, we will make Port Everglades on Friday, and be on the Atlantic ICW when storm again appear on Sunday.

Take care we miss you all,

Ed ands EJ
Comments
Vessel Name: EdE J
Vessel Make/Model: Endeavour 42
Hailing Port: Cleveland, Ohio
Crew: Ed and EJ Mahoney
About: We started sailing 35 years ago on our first wedding anniversary, this is our fourth boat, purchased new in 1986. We are both Semi-Retired. Our daughter Meghan currently lives in Florida, she and her Fiancée enjoy cruising with us as their time permits.
Extra: Ed is a classic do it yourselfer, and undertaking the retrofit of the EdE J to prepare it for cruising. Watch the blog for some of his horror stories.
EdE J's Photos - Main
48 Photos
Created 15 March 2015
Pictures of the new Holding tank and the v-Berth under construction.
6 Photos
Created 14 February 2015
20 Photos
Created 15 October 2014
8 Photos
Created 14 October 2014
6 Photos
Created 2 October 2014
14 Photos
Created 2 October 2014
Reprovisioning and some locking pictures
32 Photos
Created 14 September 2014
10 Photos
Created 25 August 2014
Pictures from the loop, North Channel to Chicago.
4 Photos
Created 24 August 2014
Pictures of the Tank Installation.
6 Photos
Created 19 June 2014