S/V EdE J

03 November 2016 | St. Petersburg, Florida
24 October 2016 | St. Petersburg, Florida
25 July 2016 | Port Colborne, Ontario, CA
21 July 2016 | Toronto, Ontario, CA
16 July 2016 | Admiralty Islands, St. Lawrence river
12 July 2016 | Trento, Ontario Canada
10 July 2016 | Whitby, Ontario Canada
09 July 2016 | Hamilton, Ontario Canada
06 July 2016 | Port Dalhousie, Ontario Canada
30 December 2015 | Tierra Verde Florida, the EdE J is on the hard in Cleveland
23 September 2015 | CYC Dock
08 August 2015 | Cleveland Yachting Club
13 July 2015 | NYC, the Hudson and Catskill
14 June 2015 | The Maritime Republic of Eastport, better known as the other side of the river from Annapolis
31 May 2015 | Portsmouth Virginia
28 May 2015 | Northbound ICW near Pamlico Sound.
25 May 2015 | Waccamaw River, SM 385
22 May 2015 | Middle of the AICWW

Leg 4 begins, on the way home.

14 June 2015 | The Maritime Republic of Eastport, better known as the other side of the river from Annapolis
Ed / Hot, but clear.
Leg 4 officially started with Vice Admiral Meghan's arrival in Norfolk on June 5th. Her arrival coincided with Norfolk Harborfest 2015, so we spent the evening with one of her college sailing friends who is now the Sailing Coach at Old Dominion University and attended the exhibits. A fun way to end my stay in Portsmouth.



We left early on June 6th, planning a short day traveling to the York River. We stayed across the river from Yorktown, and took in some of the sights. I planned short days because of my concern about the Chesapeake. I had never sailed here before, and the cruising guides paint a pretty dim picture of the weather and the water. Well, most of the fears were put aside the first day as we departed into a 10 knot breeze building seas and some great sailing. Not much different than Lake Erie in a 10-15 knot southwest wind, shallow water builds quickly, and the Chesapeake is shallow, square Lake Erie waves were quite common.

The 7th brought with it stronger breezes, more westerly, and great sailing. Our trip to Deltaville was fast and enjoyable.

On the 8th, we took a lay day, and visited the USS Wisconsin in the Norfolk Maritime Museum on the way to the airport. Meghan had to go home after a great father daughter weekend.


I soloed the boat to Solomons Island, were I was joined by Greg and Janel for the trip to Annapolis. Figuring on some more great sailing I was looking forward to the ride. However the Bay disappointed us, and was dead calm and flat for the two day trip. Again I had planned short days in fear of the Bay.

In Annapolis, the EdE J docked in the shadow of the beautiful Annapolis Yacht Club adjoining their Sailing Center which is home to their fleet of 50+ Opti's and 30+ FJ's for sail training. They also have a fleet of J70's and J80's, all very active over the weekend. Great to be in a Yacht Club Environment with active sailors again, I missed that so much during this trip.









Tomorrow, I plan to leave for Rock Hall. I will do some maintenance and then leave the EdE J there for a few days and travel home to bring the much missed Admiral back and continue the cruise.

We plan to come back to Annapolis for a few days after she returns, seeing this area by boat is an unforgettable experience.

See everyone soon.

Ed


Comments
Vessel Name: EdE J
Vessel Make/Model: Endeavour 42
Hailing Port: Cleveland, Ohio
Crew: Ed and EJ Mahoney
About: We started sailing 35 years ago on our first wedding anniversary, this is our fourth boat, purchased new in 1986. We are both Semi-Retired. Our daughter Meghan currently lives in Florida, she and her Fiancée enjoy cruising with us as their time permits.
Extra: Ed is a classic do it yourselfer, and undertaking the retrofit of the EdE J to prepare it for cruising. Watch the blog for some of his horror stories.
EdE J's Photos - Main
48 Photos
Created 15 March 2015
Pictures of the new Holding tank and the v-Berth under construction.
6 Photos
Created 14 February 2015
20 Photos
Created 15 October 2014
8 Photos
Created 14 October 2014
6 Photos
Created 2 October 2014
14 Photos
Created 2 October 2014
Reprovisioning and some locking pictures
32 Photos
Created 14 September 2014
10 Photos
Created 25 August 2014
Pictures from the loop, North Channel to Chicago.
4 Photos
Created 24 August 2014
Pictures of the Tank Installation.
6 Photos
Created 19 June 2014