22 April 2018 | Bay of Islands Marina, Opua, NZ
14 April 2018 | Bay of Islands Marina, Opua, NZ
16 February 2018 | Austin, Texas
30 November 2017 | Austin, Texas
04 November 2017 | Opua, Bay of Islands, NZ
02 November 2017 | Opua, Bay of Islands, NZ
28 October 2017 | 35 18.8'S:174 07.3'E, Q-Dock, Bay of Islands Marina, Opua, NZ
26 October 2017 | 32 50.1'S:174 35.0'E,
25 October 2017 | 31 16.8'S:174 32.7'E, 30 deg South Benchmark
24 October 2017 | 29 45.9'S:174 35.8'E, 30 deg South Benchmark
23 October 2017 | 28 04.2'S:176 12.3'E, South Fiji Basin
22 October 2017 | 25 53.2'S:175 41.1'E, South Fiji Basin
21 October 2017 | 22 50.4'S:175 32.4'E, South Fiji Basin
20 October 2017 | 20 05.3'S:176 08.9'E, SW Fiji Waters
19 October 2017 | Port Denarau Marina, Denarau, Viti Levu, Fiji
11 October 2017 | Vuda Point Marina, Viti Levu, Fiji
01 October 2017 | Mololo Island, Fiji
30 September 2017 | Mololo Island, Fiji
19 September 2017 | Levuka, Ovalua, Fiji
19 September 2017 | Lavuka, Ovalua, Fiji
Still Waiting ….
06 May 2017 | Opua, Bay of Islands, NZ
Cyclone Donna continues to make a mess of Vanuatu and is now heading to New Caledonia. From there it is forecast to move SE bringing it back towards our rhumbline course to Fiji. The end result is that we stay put and wait until we see that the storm and the sea-state it leaves behind is gone. While it was an easy decision for us to sit tight, it was amazing how many of the cruisers decided there was no reason to wait and they left for the islands. Today we heard that one of them was reporting 35kt winds gusting to 60kts with 5 meter seas. They lost their bimini top. And they are still 400nm from arriving in Fiji (its a 1200nm passage from NZ).
There are still a number of other cruisers (including those going on the ICA Rally to Tonga) that are still patiently waiting here in Opua Like many of these cruisers our To Do list is pretty much finished, but we continue to search for things to do while we sit and wait. We are taking advantage of the time that we have on our hands, and took a trip to Kerikeri for the Saturday Market and had friends (SV Wairua) over for dinner. Our friends Malcolm and Dina (SV Good as Gold) have arrived and will sail to Fiji with us. This is a way for them to experience a passage in a catamaran and see if they might want to change from a monohull to a cat. And a way for us to have additional hands for those night watches.
As of today Thursday will be the soonest that we leave - if the weather window opens for us….
No items in this gallery.