S/V Journey

We have our new boat Check us out at our new blog: http://sv-journey.blogspot.com/p/home.html

09 August 2011
16 March 2011
03 September 2010 | Jordan Creek NC
07 May 2010 | a long time ago, far, far away....
22 April 2010
15 April 2010
14 April 2010 | can't say where
09 April 2010
12 February 2010 | a tutorial. Learn from it....
01 February 2010 | a montage of our cruise
01 February 2010
30 January 2010
30 January 2010 | Ft. George River, Fl.
30 January 2010 | Pete/Pokey/Al/Martha (photo)
24 January 2010 | with too much time on my hands
22 January 2010 | St. Augustine, Fl
22 January 2010 | St. Augustine, FL
17 January 2010 | gulf stream
15 January 2010 | Exumas

Camping at Lejune (just kidding-we can't go ashore!

03 November 2009 | ICW NC
MJ Warner
Well, we are in the middle of camp LeJune, anchored. Hurrah! Got to feel safe at anchor with all these marine hunks around!
Tomarrow we will try to get south of Wrightsville Beach. There's an anchorage there that a lot of cruisers use, but it's big, and good holding. Apparently, good holding is what it's all about when choosing where one stops for the noght. This anchorage doesn't have good holding, but one can only travel around 40-45 miles per day if one wants to get the hook down with enough leftover daylight to make sure one is not dragging.
Several of you have said that you really wanted to share the experience of this cruise. I'm here to help. This is a little labor intensive, but hey, we're cruising. There's got to be some work involved, right?
1. Go to Lowes and purchase 5 12x12 floor tiles. Lay them out on the counter in an L pattern.
2.Place a 12x12 tupperware bin on the lonely side of the L. This is your sink. The rest of the space left over is your galley. All food cooking, prep work and cleanup must be done inside the confines of the tiles. No cheating.
3.If you also want to cook like me, google search "homemade penny alchohal stove". You will be able to make 2 of these for a couple of used beer cans and 2 cents. Really. Arrange these on the end of the long side of the L, and fire those puppies up. Now you're cooking with alchohal. Refrigertator? I don't have a refrigerator, why should you? Don't cheat and use your big one either. Plan creatively. Last night we had spaggetii and meatballs. Not the kind that comes in a can. The night before that, was chili. Before that, meatballs in peppercorn gravy on noodles. We are not starving, or saying "yetch" a lot, so the food plan is working. Al will swim home when it stops. Thanks for all the feedback, we love hearing that you all still remember us. (ha-ha)
Comments
Vessel Name: Journey
Vessel Make/Model: 1977 Islander 28 which has been sold,1/28/10 Current Journey: 1989 Morgan Classic 41
Hailing Port: Wendell, NC
Crew: Martha and Al
About: We bought Journey an 2004, and have been updating her, sailing her, and loving her ever since. UPDATE!! WE SOLD JOURNEY ON JAN.28,2010. Fast forward to Fall,2010. Our new Journey is a Morgan Classic 41.
Extra:

Follow the Journey

Who: Martha and Al
Port: Wendell, NC