s/v jusdreaming

The trials and sailing tales of Denny & Diane

01 May 2014 | Fat Deer Key
30 April 2014 | Channel Key
29 April 2014 | Shell Key
28 April 2014 | Cow Pens/ Plantation Key
26 April 2014 | Tarpon Basin
25 April 2014 | Thursday Cove
23 April 2014 | Jew Point
22 April 2014 | Billy Point
21 April 2014 | Marine Stadium
17 April 2014 | New River Marina
16 April 2014 | Lake Santa Barbara
15 April 2014 | Lake Worth
14 April 2014 | Hobe Sound
22 June 2012 | Stuart, Fl
06 June 2012 | Marsh Harbor
26 May 2012 | Royal Island
04 May 2012 | George Town
29 April 2012 | George Town
17 April 2012 | George Town, Exumas
30 March 2012 | Black Point

End of the Season

09 July 2008 | Bohicket Marina
Well we made it back to Bohicket Marina.
It was a wonderful cruising season with a final trip up the coast using the ICW and going outside when conditions permitted.
We stopped in Ft. Pierce to paint the bottom of the boat at Riverside Marina, which was a very good DYI yard. Then with green hair and all, (from sanding the bottom), we stopped in Melbourne to visit our new friends at the Melbourne Yacht Club, and to paint a friends house. Then one last extended stop at Daytona and had a great visit with our friends Judy and Steve, from Bellaire, FL.
Then we continued north up the ICW until St. Augustine, where we went outside to Jacksonville/May port. And got hammered by a line of thunder storms with 50 knts of wind, lightning, and ten ft. seas. Definitely got our attention!!!!!!!!!!!
Then the usual stops at Ft. George, GA, Brunswick, GA., outside to Walburg Creek, GA., Cooper River, (Dafauskie Island), then got a survey done in Hilton Head and finally home to Bohicket!!
The stats for the season were:
207 days gone
87 trips
2693 miles logged

Back in the USA

08 June 2008 | Ft Pierce
We are back in the USA. ? We left Moraine Cay up at the top of the Abacos and sailed back to Ft. Pierce, Fl. We left Moraine with S/V SlowMocean until they needed to turn North. We then were fortunate to hook up with S/V Osprey for the overnight crossing to Florida. Very nice folks to talk to while crossing, and let each other know when big ships were coming. In total it was 145 miles from anchor to anchor and thirty six hours, which meant as soon as the anchor dropped we were asleep.

Good Bye Bahamas

06 June 2008 | Moraine
We Say Good Bye to the Bahamas
Well another cruising season has come to an end. It has been a very good seven months. It seems like forever since we left Bohicket back in December. But it is time to head back to the barn, to lick our wounds!!!
With a start in the Biminis and an ending in the Abacos. We were able to help out with both the Georgetown Cruiser's net and the Abacos cruiser's net, which we enjoy very much!!! And ended our trip at Moraine Cay, (And WOW what a beautiful reef). We had a phenomenal season. We made a lot of new friends and had the chance to spend quality time with old friends. Old friends sank boats, while new friends learned it is hard to sink a boat! New places were visited, and old places reviewed. That is the best thing about cruising; it is the renewal of friendships and the revisiting of familiar places to see how things change! The waters are still as clear as gin and for the most part all friends are alive and well!!!!
This year we helped old friends see new places and see new things. For the first time we saw, pilot whales, huge marlin, (both leaping out of the water) r, also ocean sunfish. We caught more tuna than we ever have, but caught fewer dolphins, (mahi mahi). I guess things just work out.
Diane and I were successful in quitting smoking, and we did not kill each other! The main health issues this year were with Matilda getting teeth pulled in Georgetown! Other wise we did well health wise. All fingers and toes accounted for! I can't say there weren't some minor cuts, abrasions and bruises where the sun doesn't shine. But all in all nothing to write home about!
We again learned new things about our boat. Diane learned about baking cakes in an oven that tilts. And I learned more about trusting myself and not following other people aground! ? But more than anything else we have had fun!!!!!!!! I have learned to love, and respect Diane even more!! I feel so very fortunate to be able to live this life style with her and truly live our dreams!!
Vessel Name: jusdreaming
Vessel Make/Model: Lagoon 37 Catamaran
Hailing Port: Stuart, Fl
Crew: Denny & Diane DeRanek
About: Admiral- Diane First Mate- Matilda
Home Page: http://www.svjusdreaming.net
jusdreaming's Photos - Main
No items in this gallery.

Who: Denny & Diane DeRanek
Port: Stuart, Fl