Silk Road by the Sea

02 February 2011 | Taipei, Taiwan
06 January 2011 | Taiwan
26 December 2010 | Palau
13 December 2010 | Ulong Island
07 December 2010 | Koror, Palau
06 April 2010 | Koror, Palau
22 March 2010 | Royal Belau Yacht Club
07 January 2010 | Kansas City, MO USA
22 December 2009 | Rockford, IL USA
04 December 2009 | Koror, Palau
01 December 2009 | Palau
29 November 2009 | Still On the way to Palau
25 November 2009 | On the way to Palau
25 November 2009 | On the way to Palau
16 November 2009 | On the way to Palau
13 November 2009 | PNG
08 November 2009 | underway
06 November 2009
29 October 2009
18 October 2009 | Santo Vanuatu

Asia

02 February 2011 | Taipei, Taiwan
Janet
This past year I have walked the beaches in Palau, California, Israel, Taiwan, and now Tokyo. My conclusion is--the earth is the Lord's, with all that is in it, the world and those who live there, for He set its foundations on the seas! He is the Rock, his works are perfect, and all His ways are just, a faithful God who does no wrong, upright and just is He!
And, everywhere that we have traveled, all of the nations, every people from every tongue and tribe are asking about His return. They are in every city, every culture, every faith knowing that the time is at hand. On San Cristobal, an island in the Solomons, when we came ashore to the small primitive village of 500 people, there was a large banner in front of their meeting place that read, "Jesus is Coming Soon." No electricity, just thatch huts, bare feet, minimal clothes, and subsitance living off the island, yet the message, very universal, He is coming soon! In Vanuatu, in an obscure village there was a larger than life mural of Jesus and His coming kingdom. When we acknowledged that we believed that message, the islanders welcomed us as fellow believers and preached to us that, "He is coming very soon!" These are the days of the coming of the Creator, the judge of the whole earth. There is no doubt; they all declare it; they are seeking to know when and where, how and what, and what they should do, how to be ready at His revealing. Some are making rash and foolish decisions trying to outrun, outlive the Day, others are making sober appraisals, making adjustments, setting things in order. Then, there is a mixture of everything in between! The energy level is high!
This is an incredible year, full of potential! I did some investigation into the meaning of the number "11" seeing how this year is 2011. It wasn't very good news. Apparently it is the number for "sin." This is derived from "10" being the number of "law" or "justice" from the "ten commandments." Eleven is going beyond that or transgressing the law, thus sin. It is the number just before "12" which represents God's Divine government, hence the 12 tribes of Israel, 12 disciples, hey there are 12 months in a year! Anyway, 11 seems to be an omen of something that is wrong, like when Judas, the disciple who betrayed Christ, killed himself and there were only 11 disciples left so lots were drawn and Matthias got picked to right the number at 12 again. Twelve has always been the "magic hour," the goal, eleven is approaching twelve. All kinds of contemplations there. Are we indeed fast approaching that hour? Is sin snowballing before the great day of Divine government returning to the earth? Could 2011 be a year of revealing; a timer for the last hour countdown? People are making statements like, "It's quarter to 12 on eternity's clock." What events will we see this year? And, if wild stuff starts to happen, will we adjust our thinking, our priorities, our living?
Rock n' roll! We were in Tokyo last week, the largest metropolitan area on the earth! Shoot! What a contrast to our beautiful serene Palau! We were with a bunch of Japanese in their 20's and early 30's setting themselves apart for 50 hours of nonstop praise and worship of God coupled with prayer, crying out for understanding, direction, intervention in their personal lives, their families, the communities they live in, the destiny of their nation and the nations of the world. This was a radical, vibrant gathering of people engaged, hopeful, getting inspired, filled with ideas, mobilized in the marketplaces, being part of the solutions instead of contributing to the problems. Enthusiasm! From En-meaning full of and Theos-God. True enthusiasm is inspiration from God. It is exciting to believe in and serve the living God, not a dull moment!
Photobucket
I love visiting all these other cultures! It is so refreshing. It never ceases to amaze me how much we are all alike: same joys, same disappointments, same hopes, same fun, same weariness, same relaxations, same eating together. Gesturing is a universal language--it goes a long way with smiles and nods. Abbey has met more young people her age this past year from many nations of the world than most of the people in the world ever have the opportunity to meet in their lifetime! She is definitely a global trekker. So much for the myth that homeschooling lacks proper socialization. Abbey goes right up to perfect strangers and says, "Hi, I'm Abbey! What's your name?" The next thing is we are eating together and spending consecutive days enjoying new friendships.
We flew back to Taipei. Clint is booked up with meetings every week teaching mostly on Biblical prophecy and Scriptural teachings of the end-times and where we are in reference to current events: political upheavel in Tunisia, Egypt, Yemen, economic collapse Greece, France, the Euro?, global weather, solar flares in 2012, Australia getting pounded, Matthew 24, Daniel, Revelation, Zechariah. The Bible is unique in its predictive prophecies and the fulfillment of them is a major testimony to its supernatural inspiration and that it is not a book just written by men.
Abbey will fly to Israel the end of February because her visa will be up then. I will fly to Israel the middle of March, and Clint will possibly be in the States/Canada in April for some invitations to teach then join us in Israel for Passover.
Dear Kairos is sweetly nestled in safe harbor in Palau awaiting our return. We don't know when that will be. We are taking things one step at a time learning much along the way. We are also getting needed supplies for the boat and making sure we are outfitted for this next season. We have had some amazing "hookups" with people and places that are along our route of the "Silk Road by the Sea" that we will be traveling during our next leg of journey. So, even though things seem to be delayed, they are in many ways moving right along!
I've been uploading pictures to www.sailblogs.com/member/svkairos. Abbey has a lot on her Facebook account. We've been well-cared for in Asia. We've toured the cities, the seaside, the mountains, seen exhibits like the annual Taipei flower expo, gone to museums, gotten lost in the biggest crosswalk in the world in Tokyo, eaten way too much yummy food. We are staged in the gate to all of Asia, waiting, watching, planning, living, loving. Love to you all, Janet
Photobucket
Comments
Vessel Name: svkairos
Vessel Make/Model: 38 Island Packet
Hailing Port: LV NV
Crew: Clint, Janet, Joel, Colin and Abbey
About:
The Glenny family has been cruising since 2000. We started with all five of our children aboard a 50ft. Jeanneau in Tortola and sailed for 8 mos. covering all the islands from Puerto Rico to Grenada. [...]
Extra: We fish everytime we are underway. We always catch plenty and keep alot of fish frozen to have on hand. We like to scuba dive and have a compressor and tanks on board. Kairos is a great boat, very sea worthy and we would recommend Island Packets to anyone.

If it is going to happen, it is going to happen OUT THERE!

Who: Clint, Janet, Joel, Colin and Abbey
Port: LV NV