Silk Road by the Sea

02 February 2011 | Taipei, Taiwan
06 January 2011 | Taiwan
26 December 2010 | Palau
13 December 2010 | Ulong Island
07 December 2010 | Koror, Palau
06 April 2010 | Koror, Palau
22 March 2010 | Royal Belau Yacht Club
07 January 2010 | Kansas City, MO USA
22 December 2009 | Rockford, IL USA
04 December 2009 | Koror, Palau
01 December 2009 | Palau
29 November 2009 | Still On the way to Palau
25 November 2009 | On the way to Palau
25 November 2009 | On the way to Palau
16 November 2009 | On the way to Palau
13 November 2009 | PNG
08 November 2009 | underway
06 November 2009
29 October 2009
18 October 2009 | Santo Vanuatu

Waiting for a weather window

09 September 2008 | Bora Bora
Janet/Clearing up
D'accord, alors, if you aren't going to come hop on this boat with us, which I think is crazy that you don't jump at the opportunity, it's so amazing each day, alors, I will give you some exercises! Premier, when you take your next shower, relish the constant flow of warm liquid goodness. Aahhhh! Next, be thrilled with the modernization of a powerful flush toilet! I'm going to have to start pumping the head with my left arm, my right bicep is becoming a bit overdeveloped. When you do your laundry be oh so thankful that you don't have to put your name on a list, pay at least $10 for just a load of wash with no dryer, and have a capacity of about 3 towels and 3 t-shirts.
Go for a really long walk, at least 10 miles. Walking is one of my most favorite things here! You see so much! It's good for you; opportunities are right in front of you that normally just whiz by. I love hitchhiking! It's nice here in the islands 'cause there's really no violent crime. It's fun to meet different people and hear their stories. Some days I just like to go somewhere so I can hitchhike again.
Get on a bike! Just having your body motating through space unhindered is sooooo refreshing! Abbey, biked around the whole island of Bora Bora yesterday??"16miles! Clint and I ride to the grocery store, into town, and around. It's nice; better than going to see some lame movie on "date night." The drivers here are unbelievably courteous. They are very careful to consider the pedestrians and bikers since those are the main means of transportation.
Bora takes the number one spot in my French Polynesian experience. It's just got a great feel to it! I have to say , though, that Huahine and Moorea are spectacular places, too! Actually, all these islands are top notch, let's not quibble over ratings!
Abbey and I hung out at a swanky pearl shop the other day. The proprietor showed us all the goods. I was wearing long double strands of 15mm exotic, lustrous, black pearls. Wow, did I look good in them! My neck felt very sleek and special! $20,000 around your neck can give you that feeling!
We ate lunch at the famous Bloody Mary's restaurant today. It's a cute little place with silky, white beach sand for the floor and thatch roofs.
Colin emailed us from Tamsen. He says living on board is like staying at a five star resort even though he doesn't know what that's like! He said he has plenty of hot water for his showers and that they even have towel warmers! He has his own stateroom with climate control, so he's got that going for him, which is nice!
We really miss him. We get up each morning now and just kind of look at each other and all say, "Colin's gone."
We spent the afternoon provisioning for our next leg of the journey. Joel is insistent that we buy a ton of baguettes and freeze them 'cause he is going to miss them so much when we leave the French isles. He says he is really going to miss the French. He fell in love with this culture.
We changed our mind again and are now headed for America Samoa. One reason is to avoid the weather systems along the southern route and the other is to access some banking and ship a new generator to us since our other one bit the dust. The difference in postal charges is $60 versus $1200. God bless America! We leave Thurs. morning which is about 1100 westcoast time.
I'll try to write while underway. Later, landlubbers. PS It's a beautiful 80 degrees with water temp about 87 degrees, fresh air, clean water. Check with a ticket consolidator. You can probably do a 10 day trip with us for about $1000 airfare! Plus treats for the crew of course! What a deal! Bring your swimsuit. We've got the rest covered. I know you ER nurses can pick up a couple extra shifts, and you doctors shouldn't have any problem scraping together some shekels. Je t'aime, Janet


Comments
Vessel Name: svkairos
Vessel Make/Model: 38 Island Packet
Hailing Port: LV NV
Crew: Clint, Janet, Joel, Colin and Abbey
About:
The Glenny family has been cruising since 2000. We started with all five of our children aboard a 50ft. Jeanneau in Tortola and sailed for 8 mos. covering all the islands from Puerto Rico to Grenada. [...]
Extra: We fish everytime we are underway. We always catch plenty and keep alot of fish frozen to have on hand. We like to scuba dive and have a compressor and tanks on board. Kairos is a great boat, very sea worthy and we would recommend Island Packets to anyone.

If it is going to happen, it is going to happen OUT THERE!

Who: Clint, Janet, Joel, Colin and Abbey
Port: LV NV