Silk Road by the Sea

02 February 2011 | Taipei, Taiwan
06 January 2011 | Taiwan
26 December 2010 | Palau
13 December 2010 | Ulong Island
07 December 2010 | Koror, Palau
06 April 2010 | Koror, Palau
22 March 2010 | Royal Belau Yacht Club
07 January 2010 | Kansas City, MO USA
22 December 2009 | Rockford, IL USA
04 December 2009 | Koror, Palau
01 December 2009 | Palau
29 November 2009 | Still On the way to Palau
25 November 2009 | On the way to Palau
25 November 2009 | On the way to Palau
16 November 2009 | On the way to Palau
13 November 2009 | PNG
08 November 2009 | underway
06 November 2009
29 October 2009
18 October 2009 | Santo Vanuatu

Where are we?

10 August 2009 | South Pacific
Janet
August 10, 2009 What's goin' on? Where are we? Still in Fiji! It's like the four blind men describing the elephant-the West side of Viti Levu is fabulous! This is my newest favorite place on the earth! Wow, what a paradise! We've been baptized into the culture; feels like we've lived here a long time. We were in Suva for nine days ministering and teaching at several churches and fellowships. Seini, a prosecuting attorney for the government, has been our super duper diligent, faithful, efficient planner, executor, liason.Photobucket She arranged for me to address the Fiji School of Medicine, School of Nursing, and Institute of Technology on four separate occasions. What a privilege! I taught on the ministry of an advocate, a Kingdom understanding of faith, the significance of creation, and being purposeful in the "end-times." The students are the crème de la crème from the Solomons, Tonga, Vanuatu, Fiji, Samoas, Niue, and other small islands. It was so exciting to get to play a role in equipping them. Clint spoke at different churches, leader's meetings, and city-wide fellowship gatherings. Abbey even talked about her experiences on the trip and how they have impacted her life. While in Suva, I had to seek out some medical care for a cyst that developed from a mosquito bite I got below my right eye 7 weeks ago. I attempted to aspirate with a sterile 20g needle 2 weeks into the ordeal with no fluid results, I sought out a few doctors along the way who said to wait, leave it alone, and put antibiotic creams, compresses, etc. on it. It grew and grew 'til it was pressing on my nerves. I ended up having it excised by a-correction-the only plastic surgeon in the entire region. He saw me immediately when I arrived in Suva and removed it the next day. He sent it to Australia for histology just to be sure. It was about an inch in diameter, very well-defined fibrous cyst. I thought I was going to have to fly to the states to have it taken care of, but it all worked out well. Now I have 40 year old looking skin under my right eye, and 50 year old looking skin under my left. I guess I will save money on using expensive eye creams now. I'll just let the one side go to catch back up with the other! We sailed from Suva to Musket Cove in Malolo Island. It is the perfect cruiser's hangout! It really doesn't get much better than this. When we arrived, one of our cruising friends greeted us with, "Welcome to the vortex." Once you enter, you never want to leave! It's a large clear bay able to accommodate a hundred or more boats. There is a small marina. The island is surrounded by powdery sand beaches, and there are white sandbars to play on that emerge with the low tides.
Photobucket
A barrier reef keeps the anchorage protected and calm and makes for world class surf break and excellent diving and snorkeling. Three resorts are built on the lagoon and all welcome cruisers to use their pools and facilities including laundry and showers. There are well-stocked stores and many cafes and restaurants, and there's a special little sand spit connected by a bridge just for the cruisers with a bar, complimentary bar-b-ques, and plenty of tables and chairs. Kevin, unfortunately, the internet situation is very poor, slow speeds, we'll keep checking. Around Nadi, Denarau, and Suva on the main island of Viti Levu they have G3 technology though. The cruising pack moved on to Vanuatu. We sailed in to Nadi to pick Alicia up at the airport. She will be aboard for a while. We are very excited to have her with us. Abbey is sooooo happy to have her sister here!PhotobucketPhotobucket Colin made it to British Columbia aboard Tamsen. He'll sail down to San Fran then on to Santa Barbara. Write him on Facebook if you want to connect with him. We are at a great anchorage called Robinson Crusoe's. There is a backpacker's resort here and tons of fun- filled activities like volleyball competitions and horseback riding on the beach. The girls should like it. Ok, I will step it up on the frequency writing now that we are cruising around these little islands. Lots of love, the Glennys.
Comments
Vessel Name: svkairos
Vessel Make/Model: 38 Island Packet
Hailing Port: LV NV
Crew: Clint, Janet, Joel, Colin and Abbey
About:
The Glenny family has been cruising since 2000. We started with all five of our children aboard a 50ft. Jeanneau in Tortola and sailed for 8 mos. covering all the islands from Puerto Rico to Grenada. [...]
Extra: We fish everytime we are underway. We always catch plenty and keep alot of fish frozen to have on hand. We like to scuba dive and have a compressor and tanks on board. Kairos is a great boat, very sea worthy and we would recommend Island Packets to anyone.

If it is going to happen, it is going to happen OUT THERE!

Who: Clint, Janet, Joel, Colin and Abbey
Port: LV NV