Life Afloat on SV Light Reach Two Sailors and a Sea Dog

05 November 2021 | Enroute to Stuart
04 November 2021
03 November 2021 | Indiantown
24 October 2021 | Indiantown
09 September 2021 | Treasure Coast Florida
07 August 2021 | Finger Lakes region NYS
28 July 2021 | South Jersey Shore
14 May 2021 | St Lucie River
09 May 2021 | Stuart Fl
05 April 2021 | Stuart Florida
02 March 2021 | Stuart Fl
01 February 2021 | Stuart
30 January 2021 | Boca Raton
29 January 2021 | Stuart Fl
21 January 2021 | Boynton
19 January 2021 | Stuart
29 December 2020 | Stuart F:
25 December 2020 | Sampe as we have been Ho Ho Ho
17 December 2020 | Stuart
16 December 2020 | Sunset Bay Stuart

Life on the Dock

08 September 2014 | Stevensville MD
Sally - cloudy and pleasant
It has been a while since I updated the blog. Can't say we have been doing anything exceptionally exciting. Up until yesterday the weather had been unbelievably hot making any efforts a challenge. We did get Light Reach out for a sail, although there has been little wind out on the bay. We've got a number of things to get done before we are ready to head south that we are chipping away at and we've been socializing the face to face kind not the facebook kind which is really the most important thing. Living on the dock is not so different from living on the land. With a car at our disposal provisions are easily obtained and we can make trips to the farmers market and go out and about. The showers are close by and water is plentiful. I only have to step off the dock and go for my morning run or bike ride or walk the dog. All that will change once we cast off the lines. The bike will stay behind as will the showers with unlimited water, the dog will have to be shuttled to shore and the car will be sold. So for now we enjoy the luxurious splendor of dock living. The marina is like any neighborhood. Folks get to know each other and watch out for one another. The monthly soiree of the marina folks was held on Saturday with bring your own beverage and a dish to pass. Stories were swapped and mass quantities consumed. We met some very nice folks who are here for a visit on a pair of catamarans that have traveled the world on their boats. They have traveled the med crossed the ocean and are now on their way to discover the east coast before heading south with the rest of the snow birds this winter. It was great fun talking with them. The party was cut a bit short when a thunderstorm moved in causing us to scurry to our prospective boats to batten down the hatches before the storm hit. We got a little damp down below but no serious damage. The wind was howling and we were bouncing. One fellow over on F dock lost his little dog during the storm as she had run off. There was an all out search effort and thankfully she was found the next day safe and sound. A collective sigh of relief went up through the community . And in the past two weeks our youngest granddaughter started kindergarten. The picture is of her arriving after her first day. Where does the time go? Only yesterday she was a tiny baby. Would that we could slow the clock. The suns up the dog needs a walk and another day of dock life has begun.
Comments
Vessel Name: Light Reach
Vessel Make/Model: Pacific Seacraft 37
Hailing Port: Annapolis Md
Crew: Scott and Sally and missing our CSO India the wonder Schnauzer she sails on in our hearts
About:
Scott and Sally met in college, married and lived the average dirt dweller life for years always somewhere near the water. We fell in love with sailing in the early 90's. Summer of 2014 we both retired and became full time cruisers. [...]
Extra: "I must go down to the sea again, to the lonely sea and the sky; and all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by." John Masefield
Light Reach's Photos - Main
August 2015 visit to Keuka Lake (New York Finger Lakes)
1 Photo
Created 2 September 2015