Life Afloat on SV Light Reach Two Sailors and a Sea Dog

05 November 2021 | Enroute to Stuart
04 November 2021
03 November 2021 | Indiantown
24 October 2021 | Indiantown
09 September 2021 | Treasure Coast Florida
07 August 2021 | Finger Lakes region NYS
28 July 2021 | South Jersey Shore
14 May 2021 | St Lucie River
09 May 2021 | Stuart Fl
05 April 2021 | Stuart Florida
02 March 2021 | Stuart Fl
01 February 2021 | Stuart
30 January 2021 | Boca Raton
29 January 2021 | Stuart Fl
21 January 2021 | Boynton
19 January 2021 | Stuart
29 December 2020 | Stuart F:
25 December 2020 | Sampe as we have been Ho Ho Ho
17 December 2020 | Stuart
16 December 2020 | Sunset Bay Stuart

A walk to the Beach

15 December 2014 | Ft. Pierce Florida
Sally we have shorts on !!!
Yes we are still thrilled to be warm and appreciating every second of sun and warm.
It's funny how everyday life just consumes your time, We putzed around this morning doing the mundane chores of life, breakfast, dishes, walking the dog, cleaning the boat, this is living the dream? LOL The beach was supposed to be within walking distance so we set off. Well I guess it depends on your definition of walking distance. Everything being relative. As it turns out it was about 3 miles away which given that I was running 5 miles a day before we set out in October is not that far, just seemed that way as we walked on and on. Ft Pierce has a state park that includes the beach, lovely park very clean and well maintained. We were surprised that they charged pedestrians to get in but if they are funded like most state parks they need the cash. We encountered a tortoise on our way to the water. He/she did not seem the least bit interested in getting to know us so we left it to its business of tortoising and went on our way. The beach turned out to be lovely and popular with surfers. The waves weren't huge but folks were having a fine time surfing them. The park also borders the inlet so we got to see that in the daylight. Wow quite impressive that we were that close to shore when we turned in two nights ago on Light Reach. Maybe it was better we came in the dark ignorance is bliss. I think those breaking waves might have given us pause. Did I mention it was warm temps in the mid 70's were very appreciated we may need to break out the shorts! We walked back stopping at a local establishment by the water for a cool drink, listened to a local duo play and enjoyed a totally tourist moment or two. It was great. We were both in the mood for a good burger so decided to have dinner at the marina restaurant. So why I had fish is still to be explained but the meal was good and with no dishes to wash a treat in itself. Early bedtime is becoming the norm here and today was no exception. The course had been plotted to get us to Hobe Sound to anchor tomorrow. It will take us two days to get to Boynton a distance of 60 statute miles. That's the Captain on the beach.
Comments
Vessel Name: Light Reach
Vessel Make/Model: Pacific Seacraft 37
Hailing Port: Annapolis Md
Crew: Scott and Sally and missing our CSO India the wonder Schnauzer she sails on in our hearts
About:
Scott and Sally met in college, married and lived the average dirt dweller life for years always somewhere near the water. We fell in love with sailing in the early 90's. Summer of 2014 we both retired and became full time cruisers. [...]
Extra: "I must go down to the sea again, to the lonely sea and the sky; and all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by." John Masefield
Light Reach's Photos - Main
August 2015 visit to Keuka Lake (New York Finger Lakes)
1 Photo
Created 2 September 2015