Life Afloat on SV Light Reach Two Sailors and a Sea Dog

05 November 2021 | Enroute to Stuart
04 November 2021
03 November 2021 | Indiantown
24 October 2021 | Indiantown
09 September 2021 | Treasure Coast Florida
07 August 2021 | Finger Lakes region NYS
28 July 2021 | South Jersey Shore
14 May 2021 | St Lucie River
09 May 2021 | Stuart Fl
05 April 2021 | Stuart Florida
02 March 2021 | Stuart Fl
01 February 2021 | Stuart
30 January 2021 | Boca Raton
29 January 2021 | Stuart Fl
21 January 2021 | Boynton
19 January 2021 | Stuart
29 December 2020 | Stuart F:
25 December 2020 | Sampe as we have been Ho Ho Ho
17 December 2020 | Stuart
16 December 2020 | Sunset Bay Stuart

Happy Cinco de Mayo

05 May 2015 | Boot Key Harbor
Sally = Cloudy and Windy
It rained during the night just a light shower but enough to close the hatches and ports. The wind had laid down a bit during the night but since the Sun came up has been steadily increasing. The forecast still look onerous for most of the week with high winds, thunderstorms and chances of water spouts and other nastiness in the path of our planned destination. Everyone in the harbor is pretty much hunkered down. We listened to the cruisers net where the weather forecast was discussed it looked like we might get some serious rain around 10:3O AM. I had the laundry set to go in, the last before we leave, but decided perhaps to wait a day or two before trying to attempt to get it into shore and back dry. One thing I really miss about landside living is being able to do laundry on a daily basis. I would run a load whenever we had a full run of darks, lights, or linens. Here it is all done at once and when you get a week or more worth of linen and clothes it makes a mountainous bag to truck back and forth. I'm not sure how other boaters handle it because I never see anyone else in the laundry room with the amount of stuff I normally have to wash. Maybe we're too clean?? LOL Regardless of the state of the laundry or the weather we did need to get to shore to give India her morning walk. We piled into the dinghy and headed to shore equipped with our foul weather gear. Seemed that everyone with a dog had the same idea as all of India's nemesis were on shore when we got in. She just can't resist going at other dogs no matter how many times we reprimand her. It has made for a few strained relationships between other dog owners here in the harbor. Once Miss Mouth had her business taken care of we quickly returned to the boat to hang out and wait for the storms to pass. As of 12:30PM nothing of substance other than a lot of wind had materialized. The weather actually started to improve but the winds had not abated so I opted to go in and do laundry anyhow. Scott dropped me at the dock and I trucked the Big Bag O Laundry up to the machines. It took the better part of the afternoon to wash and dry the three loads. Scott opted to go back to the boat with some water and run the generator to bring up the batteries. Without sunshine the solar panels can't keep up with the battery usage. We are both working on getting the boat ready to leave and head North. The charts have been checked, routes plotted, Chart plotter ready to go. We've checked the autopilot and AIS and radios to make sure everything is in working order. Laundry out of the way is one less task to complete before we drop the mooring line. Today's picture is of Light Reach on her mooring. It was taken through my new IPhone case that I received from Jess and her family for mother's day. Little blurry but you can see how empty the mooring field has become as the snow birds head North. Soon we will be one of them.
Comments
Vessel Name: Light Reach
Vessel Make/Model: Pacific Seacraft 37
Hailing Port: Annapolis Md
Crew: Scott and Sally and missing our CSO India the wonder Schnauzer she sails on in our hearts
About:
Scott and Sally met in college, married and lived the average dirt dweller life for years always somewhere near the water. We fell in love with sailing in the early 90's. Summer of 2014 we both retired and became full time cruisers. [...]
Extra: "I must go down to the sea again, to the lonely sea and the sky; and all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by." John Masefield
Light Reach's Photos - Main
August 2015 visit to Keuka Lake (New York Finger Lakes)
1 Photo
Created 2 September 2015