Life Afloat on SV Light Reach Two Sailors and a Sea Dog

05 November 2021 | Enroute to Stuart
04 November 2021
03 November 2021 | Indiantown
24 October 2021 | Indiantown
09 September 2021 | Treasure Coast Florida
07 August 2021 | Finger Lakes region NYS
28 July 2021 | South Jersey Shore
14 May 2021 | St Lucie River
09 May 2021 | Stuart Fl
05 April 2021 | Stuart Florida
02 March 2021 | Stuart Fl
01 February 2021 | Stuart
30 January 2021 | Boca Raton
29 January 2021 | Stuart Fl
21 January 2021 | Boynton
19 January 2021 | Stuart
29 December 2020 | Stuart F:
25 December 2020 | Sampe as we have been Ho Ho Ho
17 December 2020 | Stuart
16 December 2020 | Sunset Bay Stuart

Let's Eat

02 March 2016 | Boot Key Harbor
Sally Marching right along
Today was Pete and Bonnie's last full day in Boot Key they will pull out tomorrow morning. We hate to see them go but obligations and life have a way of keeping us moving.
They hadn't had a chance to see our other K-Dock mates from Kent Island, Mark and Gwynne on Ala. For all 6 of us to be here in the harbor was a momentous event. We made plans to all meet for breakfast this morning at the Stuffed Pig. We had a fabulous time all talking at once it would seem and getting caught up. Mark and Gwynne are here for the season but on the other end of the harbor and very busy with a number of volunteer activities and guests on board. We see them on shore occasionally but this was the first time we had gotten together to break bread. The 6 of us managed to make breakfast last a couple of hours before we headed our separate ways. One of the nice things about the pig is we can bring India along which gives her a good walk and a break off the boat. We headed back to LR and India and I stayed aboard while Scott went off to Bocce.
There is a duo here Ty and Cory who sing at the different bars and restaurants on Marathon. Ty also works at the City Marina. We had been wanting to see them and Pete wanted to eat at Burdines before they left so we made plans to meet at Burdines tonight for dinner. Ty and Cory have a regular Wednesday gig there so it was a perfect plan. We had another great evening and I got to have more fish in my diet as well. The music was wonderful, the company even better and once again we laughed and laughed and talked some more. At one point Bonnie made the comment that being at Boot Key was a little like being in college, the people are all the same age and have much in common. I guess we really can call it winter camp for seniors. LOL There are a number of folks younger than us and some raising families on board but for the most part we're pretty much a sliver haired set. All too soon we were saying good night and good bye. Quandary was leaving in the morning. We will miss them dearly. The picture was taken at Burdines, it's a little dark but I hope you can tell we were enjoying ourselves.
Comments
Vessel Name: Light Reach
Vessel Make/Model: Pacific Seacraft 37
Hailing Port: Annapolis Md
Crew: Scott and Sally and missing our CSO India the wonder Schnauzer she sails on in our hearts
About:
Scott and Sally met in college, married and lived the average dirt dweller life for years always somewhere near the water. We fell in love with sailing in the early 90's. Summer of 2014 we both retired and became full time cruisers. [...]
Extra: "I must go down to the sea again, to the lonely sea and the sky; and all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by." John Masefield
Light Reach's Photos - Main
August 2015 visit to Keuka Lake (New York Finger Lakes)
1 Photo
Created 2 September 2015