Life Afloat on SV Light Reach Two Sailors and a Sea Dog

05 November 2021 | Enroute to Stuart
04 November 2021
03 November 2021 | Indiantown
24 October 2021 | Indiantown
09 September 2021 | Treasure Coast Florida
07 August 2021 | Finger Lakes region NYS
28 July 2021 | South Jersey Shore
14 May 2021 | St Lucie River
09 May 2021 | Stuart Fl
05 April 2021 | Stuart Florida
02 March 2021 | Stuart Fl
01 February 2021 | Stuart
30 January 2021 | Boca Raton
29 January 2021 | Stuart Fl
21 January 2021 | Boynton
19 January 2021 | Stuart
29 December 2020 | Stuart F:
25 December 2020 | Sampe as we have been Ho Ho Ho
17 December 2020 | Stuart
16 December 2020 | Sunset Bay Stuart

Neighbors

04 December 2016
Sally getting ready to roll
We love this marina and if they allowed us to stay on board more than 5 days in a month we would probably never make it off the dock. There is a great pool, hot tub, bar and restaurant, laundry, fantastic personnel and our dock spot is great. We get a good breeze most of the time and its not too rocky. We will be sad to leave. We spent today doing just that getting ready to leave in the morning. Scott got diesel in our jerry cans and put some in our tank. He changed the oil using his nifty new toy we had purchased at West Marine, which paid for itself in just one oil change. Jim the dock man extraordinaire graciously got rid of our old oil. I cleaned the head, decks and cockpit (a thankless never ending task) and did a load of laundry. All after morning coffee in the cockpit of course.
There is a 39 foot Morgan in the slip next to us owned by a gentleman in his 90's, he still sails. He owns one of the condos in the Marina complex and likes having his baby where he can see her from his balcony. His wife passed away 7 years ago and he misses her dearly. They often took the boat to the Bahamas. He has admired Light Reach and we chat on and off. This afternoon Cork stopped by as Scott and I were reading in the cockpit and invited us to have dinner with him at the Yacht club's private restaurant. We were a bit hesitant, never wanting to take advantage but his comment on being lonely and in need of someone to talk with made us toss hesitation aside and say yes. I am so glad we did, turns out the Yacht Clubs restaurant was closed on Sunday, no problem he'd drive us to a local spot. As we drove through downtown Stuart Cork gave us the guided tour pointing out the different sights, the fountains, theaters, first houses built etc. He has lived in the area since he was 6 and knows it well. We went to a lovely restaurant which we would never be able to find again LOL. We had a splendid evening talking with him and sharing an excellent meal. We look forward to seeing him again when we are in Stuart. He deemed us true sailors which the Captain loved and he teased me about being a nerd. Bah! We didn't get his picture but suffice to say he belays his 90 some years.
The picture is of Cork's boat with Light Reach behind with her main up, marina neighbors of the best kind.
Comments
Vessel Name: Light Reach
Vessel Make/Model: Pacific Seacraft 37
Hailing Port: Annapolis Md
Crew: Scott and Sally and missing our CSO India the wonder Schnauzer she sails on in our hearts
About:
Scott and Sally met in college, married and lived the average dirt dweller life for years always somewhere near the water. We fell in love with sailing in the early 90's. Summer of 2014 we both retired and became full time cruisers. [...]
Extra: "I must go down to the sea again, to the lonely sea and the sky; and all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by." John Masefield
Light Reach's Photos - Main
August 2015 visit to Keuka Lake (New York Finger Lakes)
1 Photo
Created 2 September 2015