Life Afloat on SV Light Reach Two Sailors and a Sea Dog

05 November 2021 | Enroute to Stuart
04 November 2021
03 November 2021 | Indiantown
24 October 2021 | Indiantown
09 September 2021 | Treasure Coast Florida
07 August 2021 | Finger Lakes region NYS
28 July 2021 | South Jersey Shore
14 May 2021 | St Lucie River
09 May 2021 | Stuart Fl
05 April 2021 | Stuart Florida
02 March 2021 | Stuart Fl
01 February 2021 | Stuart
30 January 2021 | Boca Raton
29 January 2021 | Stuart Fl
21 January 2021 | Boynton
19 January 2021 | Stuart
29 December 2020 | Stuart F:
25 December 2020 | Sampe as we have been Ho Ho Ho
17 December 2020 | Stuart
16 December 2020 | Sunset Bay Stuart

Santa called this morning

21 December 2016 | Marathon FL
Sally
The last time I did laundry we were in Ft Lauderdale 9 days ago it was due. I really try to not let it get over the top but I had a very full bag of pretty stinky and wet clothes to wash. Yesterday it rained buckets just as we were headed into the marina for Mexican Train dominoes. I had announced them that morning so felt obligated. I was drenched but the game was fun.
With our wonderful new dingy we not only had room for laundry but also my bike (which had been sitting in the saloon), India and us. How cool! Scott was going to walk India and assemble my bike while I did the laundry. With over 300 boats in the harbor the laundry is always busy, today was no exception. There are only 8 machines of which 5 are in working order. I had planned on waiting bringing along my book and IPad. I chatted with a very nice lady from another sailboat who had come down the Erie canal and the ICW this fall. She laughed when I asked her what part of Canada she was from, Canadians have a very distinctive accent! Turns out she was from Ontario.
Scott had assembled the bike and went into check out where we were on the waitlist when he got the call!! Our ball was waiting for us P2 YES!!! So we hustled the laundry back to the boat and pulled up stakes towing both the dingys along side. We had scouted out the moorings location on our way back to Light Reach. It is in a great spot, relatively close to the Marina on the west side of the mooring field across the sea grass beds. Candace (Remedy), our neighbor from 2014, is our neighbor again this year. There aren't too many folks from last year here this season. Most of the full timers are still here but many boats have opted for other places this year.
We had prepped the lines before raising the anchor, there was quite a brisk wind blowing and it is close quarters so there wasn't much margin for error. Scott upped the anchor and I poked her nose out into the channel. I let Scott maneuver Light Reach through the mooring field and up to P2. I picked up the painter and tied us on. We were on and settled in time for Scott to make Bocce. What a great early Christmas gift our very own (for a while) mooring. Not bad just under a 7 day wait, the Light Reach crew is happy.
I went in the marina and surfed while Scott went to Bocce. Fred, Karen and he twisted my arm with Fred's offer to buy the first round of beer at the Overseas so off we went. The Overseas has just reopened and is directly across the street from the Marina. They have half price happy hour. We had a good time laughing and chatting celebrating our good fortune in obtaining a mooring ball before Christmas.
The picture is Light Reach at her for now home, mooring P2 in Marathon. I need to get our exact lat and long but to do that I need to turn on the chart plotter and remember to record it.
Comments
Vessel Name: Light Reach
Vessel Make/Model: Pacific Seacraft 37
Hailing Port: Annapolis Md
Crew: Scott and Sally and missing our CSO India the wonder Schnauzer she sails on in our hearts
About:
Scott and Sally met in college, married and lived the average dirt dweller life for years always somewhere near the water. We fell in love with sailing in the early 90's. Summer of 2014 we both retired and became full time cruisers. [...]
Extra: "I must go down to the sea again, to the lonely sea and the sky; and all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by." John Masefield
Light Reach's Photos - Main
August 2015 visit to Keuka Lake (New York Finger Lakes)
1 Photo
Created 2 September 2015