Life Afloat on SV Light Reach Two Sailors and a Sea Dog

05 November 2021 | Enroute to Stuart
04 November 2021
03 November 2021 | Indiantown
24 October 2021 | Indiantown
09 September 2021 | Treasure Coast Florida
07 August 2021 | Finger Lakes region NYS
28 July 2021 | South Jersey Shore
14 May 2021 | St Lucie River
09 May 2021 | Stuart Fl
05 April 2021 | Stuart Florida
02 March 2021 | Stuart Fl
01 February 2021 | Stuart
30 January 2021 | Boca Raton
29 January 2021 | Stuart Fl
21 January 2021 | Boynton
19 January 2021 | Stuart
29 December 2020 | Stuart F:
25 December 2020 | Sampe as we have been Ho Ho Ho
17 December 2020 | Stuart
16 December 2020 | Sunset Bay Stuart

On our way to Rochester

14 July 2018 | Rochester NY
Sally
We spent one night in a hotel near Rocky Mount NC. This stop has to be rethought. The hotel was very long in tooth and not close to anything but I95. We started kicking the idea around about doing some camping, more on this later.
We had plans to meet Bonnie and Peter at our old marina where they keep Q on Kent Island. Another fantastic visit with great friends was had. It’s always a treat to visit them. We miss our K-dock buddies!
The goal of our trip was to arrive at Jessica’s on July 12th. We had volunteered to watch Penny (the mini-goldendoodle grand dog) while they spent a week in Cape Cod. We spent one quick night in New Jersey at Deb and George’s where we had a fun dinner with them and Paul. We then headed up to Rochester, road trip complete.
We were so exicited to see our granddaughters and of course their parents. It was a quick reunion as they were off to Cape Cod the next day for a week at the beach. We instantly fell in love with Penny. She is all puppy and a real goof ball.
While we were traveling north we discussed the idea of doing some camping. Actually we had kicked around the idea before we left Florida. We looked into the towing capacity of our car which is pretty much nada. It was never designed for towing soooo that eliminated any idea of procuring another tent camper. With that nixed we started kicking around the idea of basic tenting. When we were first married and Jessica was small we did quite a bit of camping in a tent. And Jessica and Craig just happened to have several tents and some camping equipment that they were willing to lend us. The real issue is the need for electricity to run Scott’s C-Pap. We’ve always preferred state and national parks to private campgrounds but finding them with electric hookups can be problematic. One of our favorite areas to camp is the New York Adirondack region. There are several beautiful state parks but none of them have electric hookups. That was a real bummer. After many hours on the campsite booking website I did find a nice looking park in near Cooperstown NY, Gilbert Lake State Park. We booked a site for the third week in July.
Comments
Vessel Name: Light Reach
Vessel Make/Model: Pacific Seacraft 37
Hailing Port: Annapolis Md
Crew: Scott and Sally and missing our CSO India the wonder Schnauzer she sails on in our hearts
About:
Scott and Sally met in college, married and lived the average dirt dweller life for years always somewhere near the water. We fell in love with sailing in the early 90's. Summer of 2014 we both retired and became full time cruisers. [...]
Extra: "I must go down to the sea again, to the lonely sea and the sky; and all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by." John Masefield
Light Reach's Photos - Main
August 2015 visit to Keuka Lake (New York Finger Lakes)
1 Photo
Created 2 September 2015