MissEmily

Vessel Name: Miss Emily
Vessel Make/Model: 35' coronado
Hailing Port: Nassau
About: We sail in the caribbean fishing diving exploring and generally having a blast. If you would like to join us let me know!
17 September 2009
16 September 2009
16 September 2009
16 September 2009
16 September 2009
Recent Blog Posts
17 September 2009

THE PLAN

So the plan is to sail around the Caribbean seeing as much as possible, have the most amount of fun and take as long as I want doing it.

16 September 2009

EXPECTATIONS

Ok your thinking of going sailing, lets break it down, there are a number of ways to get on the water.

16 September 2009

THE COSTS

20 USD per person per day includes everything EXCEPT food and drinks. We will do a food and drinking water shop when needed and split the cost evenly and we keep a kitty jar which everyone puts in an equal amount to buy incidentals like fresh produce and stuff we run out of. We are not a dry boat and [...]

16 September 2009

THE CAPTAIN

I was born in London in 1971 and grew up between cork, Ireland and England, you could say I had a misspent youth. I think I spent more time in snooker halls than I did in school. I started my own business at 18. At 22 I had two stores a warehouse 7 employees and lots of money. A combination of a bad [...]

16 September 2009

THE BOAT

Miss Emily is a 35' coronado sailboat, she is a center cockpit with lots of room bellow and on deck. She's a sloop rig, we have a new (ish) main sail, a gennoa, a 130 jib and a working jib on a roller furling. She has a yanmar diesel engine a small gasoline generator and a wind generator which charge [...]

THE CAPTAIN

16 September 2009
I was born in London in 1971 and grew up between cork, Ireland and England, you could say I had a misspent youth. I think I spent more time in snooker halls than I did in school. I started my own business at 18. At 22 I had two stores a warehouse 7 employees and lots of money. A combination of a bad relationship a recession and a friend heading to Thailand and I'd left England for good. It took me a few years and lots of different countries to blow through my cash. I was in Spain when it happened and I got a job washing dishes in a restaurant. within a week I was the cook. I've spent a lot of time in the states working in the bar/restaurant business. My last bar gig was running a club/lounge for a famous musician in Houston, Tx. But the vampire hours where getting a little much and a change was needed, so I moved back to the Florida Keys and became a PADI scuba instructor. Which is where I found my boat Miss Emily.
I became interested in sailing by chance, I was bar tending at a nice place in Miami back in 1999 and got talking to a guy about sailing and told him I'd always wanted to give it a try, well he turned out to be the commodore of the coconut grove sailing club. so i spent the summer racing in Biscayne bay and was hooked. Its funny how conversations at a bar lead to life altering changes for me. I ended up in Manhattan in a nice flat in Soho after hard selling a new vodka we were promoting to everyone in the place including the owner of the vodka label, I had no idea but he was impressed. Fortunately I'm not that good at sales and even worse at winters!!!
Well I sailed my boat to the Bahamas and kind of fell into the mega yacht business. Again at a bar I met the captain of a 116' motor yacht and he needed a deck hand for a few days, next thing I know I'm the chef and cooking 5 star meals for the rich and famous. The money is great but the hours are very long, its quite hard, especially now to find a good boat. I haven't worked on a yacht in 3 months and the marinas are empty.
So like I said I'm a sailor/freelance yacht chef/scuba instructor/bar manager/vodka salesman/dish washer... i'm laid back like to meet new peeps sail to beautiful islands catch lobster fish drink rum have fun cook good food take naps...........

About & Links