Mike and Jan aboard S/V Rapture

09 May 2014 | Kingston
25 December 2013 | Kingston, WA
07 November 2013 | Kingston, WA
31 October 2013 | Kingston, WA
16 October 2013 | Kingston
11 October 2013 | Kingston, WA
04 October 2013 | Eagle Harbor
04 October 2013 | Port Ludlow
04 October 2013 | Everett, WA
04 October 2013 | Everett, WA

The adventure begins

04 October 2013 | Everett, WA
Mike / Wind and Rain
Oh my gosh, what a whirlwind! The 2 months or so leading up to our departure has been nothing short of exhausting. Jan and I have both been burning the candle from 3 ends toward the middle. Trying to get the business taken care of (people known as "customers" but truly *family* to me), trying to move out of our home and prepare it for our friends to make it their home, and trying to get the boat ready for a long voyage. Wow! I didn't know that I could work so hard and long. But now the adventure is rolling in full swing.

Monday was the big day - move out of the house, move Eloy and Christine in, and get everything on the boat. It was a late night, but we managed to pull it off in spite of the ongoing storm. Once we got the last box loaded on the boat we collapsed into our favorite bed. But then we were shocked and horrified when we awoke the next morning and found the that cleaning lady had not come and organized the boat!

Comments
Vessel Name: Rapture
Vessel Make/Model: Beneteau Oceanis 40
Hailing Port: Everett, WA
Crew: Mike and Jan Powers
About: Mike and Jan Powers - children of God, blessed beyond belief. Why our Lord has chosen to bless these 2 sinners - only He knows. But we have chosen to walk face first down the path as He lays it out. This is a chronicle of the life and times aboard Rapture.

Mike and Jan's Great Adventure

Who: Mike and Jan Powers
Port: Everett, WA