s/v Sand Dollar

A Kelly-Peterson 44 currently undergoing a long term refit in the PNW.

22 June 2016
01 June 2015
28 May 2015
28 May 2015
20 January 2013 | Brighton
02 January 2013 | Brighton
12 November 2010
01 March 2009 | Pueblo, CO
06 July 2007
27 May 2007
26 May 2007
25 May 2007
19 May 2007
28 April 2007
18 April 2007
03 April 2007
07 January 2007

Back and forth...

26 May 2007
Lori
Here I was getting up at 5:30 am again - there is something wrong with me. While the kids slept (Michael was awake having a tea) I ran to King Soopers, gassed up the truck, grabbed some milk and hamburger and then ran to McDonald's. Ahh, the breakfast when you don't want to fix anything. The kids got up at the smell of egg mcmuffins and we got going.

We got all the way down to Parker road and realized we had forgotten something. The teak! We had cut it the night before and left it standing by the front door. So we turned around, paid more tolls and got back home. On the way to the boat AGAIN, we stopped by Home Depot and picked up some more brushes, veneer and drill bits. They were having an anniversary party and we joked with the cashier about coming back to the truck with our faces painted. But the kids are used to our little quirks, I don't think it would shock them. Ah well, we will have to work on something to cure that. hehe

Since we had already wasted a good part of the morning we decided to go to West Marine in town. The store is small but had a couple of things we were looking for. We bought more West System Epoxy, penetrating epoxy (forget waiting till Wednesday) and more stainlessscrews - at $0.60 each - ouch! We decided to feed the kids a real meal and popped into a buffet which was poor, too bad.

When we got the the boat Michael laid part of the sole. He put on the final teak veneer on the galled bulkhead - its a perfect match. woohoo. Then he installed mounts for the settee, again another great match.
Paisley worked on scuffing up the varnish in the forward cabin to prepare it for a new coat of varnish and I painted the rear head shelves. Mikey helped too by being a gopher for Dad.

Since the kids and I were whining he put the table up temporarily for us for dinner. During dinner we watched a classic movie - 'Attack of the Killer Tomatoes'. Yup, pure kitsch. Paisley said it was the worst movie she has ever seen, but Mikey loved it!

Michael also got our new berth light installed with an LED bulb inside. It has great light for reading, nice and clear white and cool. The previous light gets so hot it has melted the cover, not good. The light looks great and we are going to replace all the berth lights with these. It was a great day full of successes.
Comments
Vessel Name: Sand Dollar
Vessel Make/Model: Kelly-Peterson 44 Hull #153
Crew: Michael Eidsmoe, Lori Eidsmoe
Sand Dollar's Photos - s/v Sand Dollar (Main)
Annapolis, MD 2006
5 Photos | 1 Sub-Album
Created 2 January 2016
A nice master album for all the refit work.
32 Photos | 8 Sub-Albums
Created 1 January 2016