s/v Sand Dollar

A Kelly-Peterson 44 currently undergoing a long term refit in the PNW.

22 June 2016
01 June 2015
28 May 2015
28 May 2015
20 January 2013 | Brighton
02 January 2013 | Brighton
12 November 2010
01 March 2009 | Pueblo, CO
06 July 2007
27 May 2007
26 May 2007
25 May 2007
19 May 2007
28 April 2007
18 April 2007
03 April 2007
07 January 2007

The weekend comes to a close

28 May 2007
Lori
What a bad night last night. That storm we were watching must have moved our way. The wind blew continually and blew HARD. The door to our cabin opened and hit the wall with a bang in the middle of the night. Michael woke up and had to investigate it. I told him what it was, but he had to be sure.

Then another mystery bang. Michael had to go on deck to find the source of that one. A board had blown off of Paisley's hatch. Michael laughed later that it felt like he was in a hurricane up there.

We got up about 8 and I made bacon and eggs for everyone. Bernie came over and we walked over to see his grounding plate that he had bought for his boat. He also showed us his bimini cover he was working on.

We came back, took the stuff to the truck that needed to go back home and left Paisley to unpack and repack the truck. Paisley is second only to Michael in packing ability. She's so good I get her to pack my freezer at home.

Michael sanded the V-berth floor and put down a layer of Ultimate Sole. There was a problem. Michael wasn't so aggressive with the sanding here and the floor was splotchy. Not good. He was going to have to sand it down and redo it. Luckily it was a relatively small area and wouldn't take too much time.

Paisley and I worked on painting shelves and setting them up to dry on the trailer porch. , now just for another couple of coats next time.

Del and Dee called and I drove out to meet them off the nearest main road. We didn't want them to get lost, so thought an escort would be the easiest way. They brought us all Famous Dave's BBQ for lunch so the time to escort them was certainly worth the time! I love BBQ!

We showed Del and Dee the boat and Del teased Michael about being Noah (and me, Mrs. Noah). I feel like them sometimes. They said we must be great people of faith. Yup, we pray all the time we will get this done.

After they left it was quick work to pack up and head back home. We were all tired, needed showers and were looking forward to our beds at home. This was definitely a LONG weekend.
Comments
Vessel Name: Sand Dollar
Vessel Make/Model: Kelly-Peterson 44 Hull #153
Crew: Michael Eidsmoe, Lori Eidsmoe
Sand Dollar's Photos - s/v Sand Dollar (Main)
Annapolis, MD 2006
5 Photos | 1 Sub-Album
Created 2 January 2016
A nice master album for all the refit work.
32 Photos | 8 Sub-Albums
Created 1 January 2016