SV Scott Free

This life isn't a dress rehersal, live it to it's fullest

20 November 2014 | La Paz
30 May 2014 | La Paz
14 April 2014 | La Paz
20 March 2014 | Everett, WA
30 January 2014 | La Paz
21 January 2014 | La Paz
07 November 2013 | Everett
08 September 2013 | Everett
29 May 2013 | La Paz
07 May 2013 | Everett
03 April 2013 | Vancouver WA
12 March 2013 | Bahia Falsa
05 March 2013 | Bahia Falsa
03 March 2013 | La Paz
27 February 2013 | La Paz, Mx
12 February 2013 | Everett
13 January 2013 | Everett
08 January 2013 | Spokane, WA
12 December 2012 | La Paz
05 December 2012 | La Paz

Vacation

04 September 2009 | Santa Cruz Island
Monica
We are anchored in Pelican Bay on Santa Cruz Island; this is our fourth day here. The weather is perfect! September 2nd was the first day that I was able to put my swimsuit on when I got dressed in the morning and wear it all day, yippee we're here! We don't create a lot of dirty laundry this way. We have been rushing so much to get south that we needed to take some time to relax and enjoy and to get out of the delivery mode.

We are spending our days reading, rowing around in the dingy looking at sea creatures in our own aquarium. Oh and a few boat chores here and there. Yesterday both Scott and I were up in the boson's chair to clean spreaders and fix a cotter pin that had come loose.

The water is about 65 and clear to almost 30 feet. It is an aquamarine color when it is over the sand or rocks and is full of sea life. We have seen bat rays, urchins, starfish and lots of fish that are looking tropical. There are underwater kelp forests that towers 30 feet to the surface providing shelter to fish we see hiding among the leaves. Seals are swimming around us and show their curiosity as they watch us row by.

Since we've been here I've been trying to get a cell signal as there is some work to do. I did find a signal off a trail a mile up a hill and a 10 minute dinghy ride away off of Prisoners Cove. What we go through to stay connected.

Scott and I fall into such a smooth easy groove when we are out like this. Our days go quickly and quietly with 10 hours of sleep in between.
Comments
Vessel Name: Scott Free
Vessel Make/Model: Gulfstar 44
Hailing Port: Seattle
Crew: Scott and Monica Stoner
About: We are set for a life time of adventures together. We love life aboard and are living the dream!
Extra: This adventure started as a comment in 2006 on our honeymoon in the BVI's and has grown to the present reality.

SV Scott Free

Who: Scott and Monica Stoner
Port: Seattle