SV Scott Free

This life isn't a dress rehersal, live it to it's fullest

20 November 2014 | La Paz
30 May 2014 | La Paz
14 April 2014 | La Paz
20 March 2014 | Everett, WA
30 January 2014 | La Paz
21 January 2014 | La Paz
07 November 2013 | Everett
08 September 2013 | Everett
29 May 2013 | La Paz
07 May 2013 | Everett
03 April 2013 | Vancouver WA
12 March 2013 | Bahia Falsa
05 March 2013 | Bahia Falsa
03 March 2013 | La Paz
27 February 2013 | La Paz, Mx
12 February 2013 | Everett
13 January 2013 | Everett
08 January 2013 | Spokane, WA
12 December 2012 | La Paz
05 December 2012 | La Paz

Back to the Grind

13 October 2009 | San Diego, CA
Monica
Well I have been remiss in updating the blog. We returned from Seattle to LA and stocked the boat with groceries and took off for Catalina Island. We spent 5 days at Two Harbors and went hiking, and wandering around the island. Scott got his hair cut on the beach. If I didn't mentioned it before we bought a pair of hair clippers and since Scott is wearing his hair one length all over (2) I just shave it for him. We figure 2 hair cuts and the clippers paid for themselves. I am trying to talk Scott into cutting my hair but so far he isn't up to the challenge.

On Sunday afternoon we set off for the 14 hour crossing to San Diego. We had it timed to leave right around dark so we could dodge the kelp patches outside of the harbor during the day light but at 3:30 Scott decided he was bored and wanted to leave. I took the first shift and told him since he was in an all fire hurry to leave he could have the later shift and go in circles outside of San Diego waiting for it to get light. And of course that is exactly what happened. I slept while he went in circles and when I got up at 6:30 we started our entry into the harbor.

After topping up the fuel tanks we found the Cabrillo Isle Marina and got our slip. Why marinas don't write the slip numbers so you can find them from the water is besides me. Having the number on the dock box facing the walkway does not good coming in from the water. Anyway, after pulling into the wrong slip, finding the correct one 5 down we relocated and found ourselves between 2 other haha boats. One of them hasn't been around so we've yet to meet them and the other is a very nice couple from Marina Del Rey. They've given us a ride to the marine store and are good neighbors.

The plan is to stay here through the weekend when the middle daughter comes to visit and then head out to the free anchorage Monday. Free is about the price that we can afford now. It has been a very expensive month for us with the travel and other unexpected expenses. The following week our crew Rod and Jane arrive and we'll likely rent a car to get all the provisioning and fishing licenses prior to departure.

I should mention that the weather has cooled and we actually had a rain shower last night. We need to continue moving south!

Scott is back from the showers so we'll call this done!

Mike, we love you even if you are gay! (not that there is anything wrong with that!)
Comments
Vessel Name: Scott Free
Vessel Make/Model: Gulfstar 44
Hailing Port: Seattle
Crew: Scott and Monica Stoner
About: We are set for a life time of adventures together. We love life aboard and are living the dream!
Extra: This adventure started as a comment in 2006 on our honeymoon in the BVI's and has grown to the present reality.

SV Scott Free

Who: Scott and Monica Stoner
Port: Seattle