SV Scott Free

This life isn't a dress rehersal, live it to it's fullest

20 November 2014 | La Paz
30 May 2014 | La Paz
14 April 2014 | La Paz
20 March 2014 | Everett, WA
30 January 2014 | La Paz
21 January 2014 | La Paz
07 November 2013 | Everett
08 September 2013 | Everett
29 May 2013 | La Paz
07 May 2013 | Everett
03 April 2013 | Vancouver WA
12 March 2013 | Bahia Falsa
05 March 2013 | Bahia Falsa
03 March 2013 | La Paz
27 February 2013 | La Paz, Mx
12 February 2013 | Everett
13 January 2013 | Everett
08 January 2013 | Spokane, WA
12 December 2012 | La Paz
05 December 2012 | La Paz

Giving Thanks

26 November 2009 | La Paz, MX
Monica
Happy Thanksgiving! Thanksgiving in Mexico, wow a milestone. We are settled into life here in La Paz. We have had our refrigerator fixed and are awaiting outboard resurrection. The fridge fix was a challenge in that our system has a major design flaw; one compressor with one thermostat for the freezer and refrigerator. So, with the system fully charged we could not keep the fridge warm enough and things froze, good for the freezer side bad for the refrigerator side. So they let some Freon gas out, moved the temperature sensor to the far side of the refrigerator cold plate and we now have a fridge that runs about 34 degrees and a freezer at about 18-20. Not 100% ideal but we'll take it. We will likely experiment to see if we reduce the freezer box size by half, fill up and seal the lower part we don't use, and see if this makes the freezer colder. But, two days work cost us $180 so we are happy.

We are paid to stay here at Marina Palmira through January 15th. When we get our outboard fixed we'll go out to the islands for a few days and return here for our guests over Christmas. They are forecasting another small northern to blow Monday and Tuesday so we are glad to be tied up here out of the waves.

Yesterday we had a big shopping excursion to CCC for groceries. We didn't need much but did need fruit, veggies, cheese and yogurt. The marina shuttle dropped us off and we split a cab with another cruiser for the return. Life as a cruiser here is La Paz couldn't be easier. The morning net at 8am on VHF channel 22 every morning gives, weather, local news and events and takes questions and answers from people wanting to know where they can get products or services. Between Sam's Club, Costco, Wal-Mart and soon Home Depot, I think a person would be hard pressed to find that something they had to have was unavailable. Specialty items excepted.

Today we went for a walk to downtown and checked out some stores we hadn't been in before. One was just like a Walgreens except they had a second floor that had electronics and housewares. After that we found a little sidewalk café and stopped for coffee and french toast. How can you not love this life!

Comments
Vessel Name: Scott Free
Vessel Make/Model: Gulfstar 44
Hailing Port: Seattle
Crew: Scott and Monica Stoner
About: We are set for a life time of adventures together. We love life aboard and are living the dream!
Extra: This adventure started as a comment in 2006 on our honeymoon in the BVI's and has grown to the present reality.

SV Scott Free

Who: Scott and Monica Stoner
Port: Seattle